Making a Murderer

A38villan

I enjoyed the series but still wasn't totally convinced of his innocence.  There have also been articles such as this one and this too, that shed light on some things that weren't included in the documentary.  The response has generally been that the evidence that they left out wasn't significant, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The documentary makers also seem to claim that they're objective, which is also clearly not true.

However, it certainly does show up huge, worrying flaws in the US justice system - not that this kind of thing is isolated to the US.

I'm looking forward to the follow-up, but hear that they weren't present at the recent Dassey case, which seems strange.

Edited by Troglodyte
  • Like 1

Thought it was okay on the whole. Definitely shows the small town justice system in America for what it is, whether he is guilty or not. I'm definitely not one of the social media warriors clamouring for 'justice for Steven' though. Will be reading the article links a few posts above with interest.

• Like 2

i loved it, seen several other things like it since too, central park 5, west of memphis, three and a half minutes ten bullets

my problem with it all was the flawed logic, on one hand he's a criminal mastermind who managed to clean all of the blood...but he moved the car 100 yards...he managed to burn the body...but he left the key behind the drawers...

it simply doesn't make sense, the problem is of course kratz successfully used the media to spin the trial to one where it was about proving averys innocence rather than proving his guilt

the stuff where the ask the woman how she found the car so fast, it was cos little baby jesus showed her where it was...**** me

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Risso said:

I realise I'm going to be a lone voice here, but I found it incredibly dull TV, and I had no sympathy whatsoever for the sick ****.

same. they got greedy trying to stretch it out into a series. they should have just made a two hour documentary, the story is interesting enough.

Avery is a **** moron, from what I remember (it's been 6 months since I watched it), there's no way he would clean that whole room to that level of cleanliness. 

He has a pretty poor past, but if you cannot conclusively prove he's guilty, then surely he has to remain innocent (as potentially dangerous that is).

Glad than Brendan has got his reprieve, he seemed like a decent enough kid, again, just very uneducated and a poor IQ. 

• 2 months later...

Making a Murderer nephew Brendan Dassey freed by judge

A US judge has ordered the immediate prison release of Brendan Dassey, whose case featured in Netflix's Making a Murderer documentary.

The Wisconsin man's murder conviction was overturned this summer, however, prosecutors are appealing.

The 27-year-old, who has learning difficulties, and his uncle Steven Avery were convicted of murdering a young woman, Teresa Halbach, in 2005.

Avery and Dassey, who was 16 at the time, were sentenced to life in prison.

Judge William Duffin ordered that Dassey be freed from prison under supervision until the next steps in the case become clear, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

...more on link

Â