Ravel Morrison

HeyAnty

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I can't see that. 

Respected ITK have said it was almost all sealed up at the start of the window. 

He followed the club on Twitter. 

He was in Birmingham last week. 

It's got to be linked with it. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

To be fair, he didn't say that. 

He said he'd been given info to suggest we are not in for him due to previous problems  and he believes that info to be very reliable, hence the 100% certainty. 

What, because an Italian newspaper has just published a story saying him being left out of the squad has nothing to do with a transfer to Villa? Not really inside info is it? Why do people try so hard to impress people as being ITK? Never understand it

• Like 1

I am still sceptical. The way this has been dragging out and going nowhere, its possible he has been trolling us and loving the attention.

1 minute ago, sidcowans21 said:

What, because an Italian newspaper has just published a story saying him being left out of the squad has nothing to do with a transfer to Villa? Not really inside info is it? Why do people try so hard to impress people as being ITK? Never understand it

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, to be fair I should just let him defend himself! 

I was just pointing out he is saying he has it from a source within the club and believes that source to be 100% reliable. 

I've no idea if it's genuine ITK or not, but we do tend to jump on people who claim they have info, especially when it's not what we want to hear! 

personally, I'd quite like him here, but the deal would need to come with conditions. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Believe what you want. I've been on here long enough for people to know that I don't make stuff up. It's 100% as you can get. 

Fair enough. How come it was just your view before, then that story was printed, then your were 100% and had inside info? Why didn't you confirm this yesterday or this morning? Genuine question.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Fair enough. How come it was just your view before, then that story was printed, then your were 100% and had inside info? Why didn't you confirm this yesterday or this morning? Genuine question.

I literally got told 2 hours ago. I haven't even read any of the reports. The last repeat I read was this morning that he was left out because he was on his way to us. 

Morrison is an odd one. When you consider all the tweets from Tony about the character of player being important and our other signings he doesn't seem to fit.

Morrison is alleged to have a bad attitude, hasn't applied himself or taken his numerous opportunities. However i dont think this is completely the case as explained in the below extract from his previous agent Colin Gordon 

Not a "bad bone in his body", just slightly simple nature and immaturity. 

It is my belief that under the right environment, surrounded by proper professionals (Elphick, Ross and Jedinak) he will guided and hopefully flourish. 

But then again im always optimistic so who knows!

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, to be fair I should just let him defend himself! 

I was just pointing out he is saying he has it from a source within the club and believes that source to be 100% reliable. 

I've no idea if it's genuine ITK or not, but we do tend to jump on people who claim they have info, especially when it's not what we want to hear! 

personally, I'd quite like him here, but the deal would need to come with conditions. 

Nothing to do with 'things I want to hear'. Not too fussed if he signs or not. It's just it was his view, then another story is printed, and within a couple of minutes, it's now 100% and confirmed by the club. Why not say this yesterday or this morning??

2 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Nothing to do with 'things I want to hear'. Not too fussed if he signs or not. It's just it was his view, then another story is printed, and within a couple of minutes, it's now 100% and confirmed by the club. Why not say this yesterday or this morning??

'We' as in the board in general, not 'you' as an individual. 

People with alleged ITK have been given a rough time on here before. Just saying. 

Carry on arguing with him though, I'm out. 

I thought his tweet following the Luton defeat suggested that he felt too good for our team. Granted, with that match as an example it may have been true, but it bothers me that he chose to post the tweet considering the strong links to us signing him. If, and it is if, that is what he meant, it doesn't suggest to me that he has the right kind of attitude for us.

3 minutes ago, Skills said:

pretty sure a moderator stated we weren't signing McCormack a week or so before we signed him...   At the end of the day, plans and options change so nothing is ever 100%

This is also true, but @omariqy said he was pretty much told by the source it's not happening a couple hours ago.