Ravel Morrison

HeyAnty

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I may be going against the grain here but I think we already have Grealish and Ayew who seem quite similar.

I'd prefer a midfielder who's main attribute was passing long and short range and perhaps one with a shot on him. Dare I say a younger Gareth Barry.

I wouldn't say no to both but for me it's more important than just Morrison.

3 of them competing for 2 places works foe me.  All 3 can pass long and 2 of them can shoot from range

1 of these 3 on the bench, along with Baker, Gardner, Westwood, Gestede and suddenly the bench looks a lot stronger. The only problem is RDM's in as much as he needs to pick his best starting 11.

The reason I am getting excited about this potential signing is that he can play in the role McCormack has been playing. We have looked short upfront and McCormack can then go in the role he should be playing as striker. He is the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I truly get some of the apprehension here, especially after all of the "questionable", "poisonous" attitudes we have had and the mentality we are trying to build. However we must still be willing to take 1 or 2 chances on players with immense talent. Unfortunately a club in our position can probably only get some of the better talents this way for the time being. It could turn out being a masterstroke!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Midfielder essay-length post again sorry but Ok so there's further speculation that Morrison is closer. More often than not, with repeated links and seemingly no one else in the frame, links like that are often a case of no smoke without fire. 

Me, I haven't voiced this on here yet, but originally I was against the Morrison .My thinking was that he is a complete risk, cliches about leopards not changing their spots, a disaster waiting to happen etc. The guy has displayed massive immaturity throughout his career, but here he is picking up Man U wage, West Ham wage, lazio wage and I'm sure a move ouldn't be on a pay cut. So I assume he is paid handsomely despite his career output thus far. Someone with that alleged amount of skill should have fully convinced me and others by now, his previous bosses especially.

what a gift it is in life, to be able to get paid to play football at the top level as your actual vocation. No shifts, no struggling to make ends meet, no hire purchase buys. Women on tap, luxury on tap. And of course the actual on the pitch achievements a career like that brings. The latter he is devoid of. I'm suspicious of Morrison because in terms of opportunity, he was blessed in life at United and screwed it up. I'm obviously no united fan but villa aside, to be a pro given the chance to play there you would work your ass off to make good of it. Since then other chances wasted similarly. I'm still suspicious. However...

We are absolutely light in attacking midfield options, there clearly is at least one vacancy. But in RDM and tony I trust. We have Steve Clarke who is absolutely no pussy nor pussy cat. Without doubt Morrison is a rough diamond, almost in the last chance saloon of being taken seriously as a footballer. Maybe villa is the right club at the right time. I believe this for Grealish too. I have forgiven Grealish for his lacks of professionalism and the lad makes me proud this season. 

Lads. Imagine a dressing room with Elphick, Jedinak McCormack and the rest. And of course Clarke. Those are some zero BS chaps who I am sure will keep any personality in check. I could think I was the dogs B and strut around bodymoor Heath and disconnect from the cause or be anonymous in a match with minimal effort and a focus on off the pitch joys, but deep down I know (and for that type of wage) one of those guys would for sure hairdryer the F out of me and bring me in line. That's the role of one of our many leaders. Positive aggression is rife in our team, it wasn't last year.

Me I rarely give a second chance to anyone, which is sad I guess but Morrison on his N'th chance, I'm prepared to give one to. We are so absent of dynamic flair. I'm talking old school Juninho style and Morrison can do that type of play. If he was made to work / put the effort in off his own back he can achieve great things at villa. He can win us over with on the pitch magic, the Thierry Henry style goals, the selfless layoffs for strikers. This is the Morrison I would be hoping for.

----

Ravel, in case you surf fan forums such as this, I'd like to say the following directly to you, albeit from me, a random Joe off the street who doesn't know you personally but anyway this is my opinion:

You have a talent that you owe to yourself and any employer to absolutely achieve all you can with. So it seems, AVFC is a prospective employer. Despite your wealth, you owe the game. You need to find the right team, accept the various personalities within and knuckle down. Here, if you give it your all and behave, you will be worshipped. Think back to when you were a kid in the playground running rings around all the other kids in the playground, smiling , playing the game with that level of love and joy. Come here and play like that. There are players here who will guide you, staff who will bring the best out of you. You may be at Lazio, but your career needs CPR. We are not another pay cheque or destination. Make something of your CV and add Villa to it. We actually do need you too, there is an opportunity for you here, the one your career needs. I didn't want you here originally, it's surely no surprise to you that you are seen as a risky signing for any club. So prove everyone wrong and most importantly, prove it for yourself. Up the villa. 

Great post.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I truly get some of the apprehension here, especially after all of the "questionable", "poisonous" attitudes we have had and the mentality we are trying to build. However we must still be willing to take 1 or 2 chances on players with immense talent. Unfortunately a club in our position can probably only get some of the better talents this way for the time being. It could turn out being a masterstroke!

Agreed. All depends on which Ravel we signed if we signed him, but there is no doubt in my mind that we can bring him in line and get the best out of him at a time when we need him and he needs us. I think our back room and owner and dressing room leaders will be on his case from the get go that this is no place for passengers. I personally would take him on loan with the exclusive option to buy, just to be on the safe side. But I'm confident this guy has deep down, the will to settle somewhere and CPR his career like said in my post up a few. 

Simone Inzaghi has not called up Ravel Morrison for the match against Atalanta. The reason however is not tied to any transfers. There was whispers of Aston Villa but it isn't so. A transfer to the Villains or a return to the Premier League, is still not in the near future for Ravel Morrison which still doesn't explain his absence from the squad. The player is not even injured, and was very upset over Inzaghi's decision. This exclusion from the squad is not tied to the transfer window nor injuries, but it's for a reason only Inzaghi knows. The fans were expecting him to be called up and he expected to have a chance at repaying the affection of the Lazio supporters.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/lazio-morrison-not-called-up-for-atalanta-not-for-transfer-reasons-the-situation/

hmm

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Weird, but what is encouraging is that, as someone else has already said, it seems wherever he goes the fans love him.

(I'm hoping this is Lazio playing hardball, saying nothing is happening transfer wise so we can pull our fingers out?, might be transfer mind games etc.)

39 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If we get Morrison he needs to be buddied up with Elphick and Jedinak. We can't afford to have such an expensive player if he continues his off field antics like he did when he was in England. Hopefully those two can keep his head in the game.

More likely to have his head on a block if he doesnt tow the line!

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I am 100%

Just didn't seem like a 100% kinda post... More like an opinion. But if you are 100% then I'm glad in a way because for all his quality, it's a gamble and I wouldn't take a gamble at the moment. It really isn't what we need to do. 

1 minute ago, sidcowans21 said:

So, let me get this right, because in your eyes, his attitude is not right, its been confirmed by AVFC that he is not signing.

Ok mate.....

To be fair, he didn't say that. 

He said he'd been given info to suggest we are not in for him due to previous problems  and he believes that info to be very reliable, hence the 100% certainty. 

2 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

So, let me get this right, because in your eyes, his attitude is not right, its been confirmed by AVFC that he is not signing.

Ok mate.....

No that is my view but also the view of the Villa hierarchy. Hence why I am 100%.