Ravel Morrison

HeyAnty

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/serie-a/2016-2017/ravel-morrison-set-to-leave-lazio-for-aston-villa_sto5732663/story.shtml

Ravel Morrison set to leave Lazio for Aston Villa

973304.png

31 minutes ago

•  
  •  

Ravel Morrison has been left out of the Lazio squad again as rumours grow that he will be heading to Aston Villa.

The Aquile begin their Serie A season tonight against Atalanta.

Morrison is not even in the travelling party to Bergamo, despite impressing in training.

The Corriere dello Sport claims this is because he is set for a transfer to Aston Villa over the next few days.

The 23-year-old creative midfielder managed only eight appearances in a Lazio jersey for a grand total of 159 minutes of football.

Read the original article on Football Italia - The ultimate website for English-speaking fans of Italian football

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would have thought this would be wrapped up if it was going to happen.

I hold out little hope.

Is that what you call it. I don't give my genitals nicknames but each to his own I suppose. 

What say you now if Morrison signs? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why the adulation for Morrison? He has been playing since 2010 and has less than 100 appearances. The only things I've seen of him are training ground videos. Is he really the am we need?

Probably because in the few games he HAS played (at top flight level too) he has demonstrated the ability to tear teams apart and make things happen. As has been widely discussed, the reasons for his lack of opportunities have been more down to off field/attitude problems etc. Rio Ferdinand at one point said he was probably the most naturally gifted player he had seen/trained with ((could have been an exaggeration obviously).

It is widely thought within the game that if he is rid of his off field problems, and has matured he is a cracking addition for most sides!

I would love for him to come based on his footballing ability.. HOWEVER..

The problem that i have is that if he's going to join us, more than likely he might want to move back to Manchester and commute. The only reason why his career gathered a small bit of momentum was because he left Manchester because his friends were a bad influence on him. 

It's going to be a tough one,  i reckon this is one of the reasons why this transfer has dragged on for so long.

Ravel is clearly homesick and Villa would be the ideal club for him, not far off from Manchester, can pay him good wages, great facilities and could possibly be a premier league player next season. The only way this deal can work for the club and his career is if he lives in the West Midlands otherwise we are going to have some real issues with him.

I may be going against the grain here but I think we already have Grealish and Ayew who seem quite similar.

I'd prefer a midfielder who's main attribute was passing long and short range and perhaps one with a shot on him. Dare I say a younger Gareth Barry.

I wouldn't say no to both but for me it's more important than just morrison.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

I may be going against the grain here but I think we already have Grealish and Ayew who seem quite similar.

I'd prefer a midfielder who's main attribute was passing long and short range and perhaps one with a shot on him. Dare I say a younger Gareth Barry.

I wouldn't say no to both but for me it's more important than just morrison.

Will Hughes?

He's clearly got talent but his attitude concerns me.

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it wrong that I am kind of jealous of some of those West Ham kits? Wish they would change colours ffs!

Yeah well they have a badge now which looks like something off of Pro Evo so I wouldn't get too jealous. ;)

If we get Morrison he needs to be buddied up with Elphick and Jedinak. We can't afford to have such an expensive player if he continues his off field antics like he did when he was in England. Hopefully those two can keep his head in the game.

• Like 2