Ratings and Reactions: Derby v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I didn't call your post pathetic.

I called your labelling other fans as 'happy clappers' as pathetic.

Because it was. See the difference?

Ok let me rephrase. I'm frustrated that certain posters constantly slate any point that doesn't suit there positive agenda. And whilst I have no problem with positivity, per se, I do have a problem with a lack of objectivity. If things are not looking good then I believe it should be ok to say so. 

Apologies for my choice of phrase. Just very annoyed at being shot down for not saying it's all fine.

Edited by One For The Road

When will we be able to play for 90 minutes?

Kozak was appalling, and how did he not hit the target?

Still need a couple more bodies in, even just for depth (not saying buy squad fillers though).

Can see Dr X slapping a big bid in for a striker now.

Positives, RDM and the new signings have steadied the ship and we look stronger. We have a better midfield waiting in the wings.

Negatives, we are nowhere near promotion standard, our squad is paper thin and we really lack a proper centre forward.

Gollin 6: Made a few fluffs but looked solid considering
Bacuna 7: Thought he did pretty well to be honest
Chester 7: Very solid
Elphick 8: A leader, so impressed with him
Cissokho 5: Goes from solid to liability in a heartbeat
Westwood 6: Covered the ground well
Gardener 5: Superb shot aside, he still looks way off the pace at a level he is supposed to excel at!
Ross M 6: Probably his worst display so far, so many wayward passes and odd decisions. Still looks a threat though, unlucky not to score.
Grealish 7: Faded in the second half but was dangerous in the first
Ayew 7: Tracked back and got more involved but looked less of a threat than he should
Gestede 5: One header on target before the injury

Subs: Kozak 3 - Didn't look fit or capable
Green, Amavi - too late to rate

8 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The standard of football is CLEARLY not Premier League standard and our team is still a massive work in progress. Sick of happy clappers claiming otherwise. 

Jedinak will add some steal to this side but we need a few new players if we are to have a chance of the play offs.

Of course it isn't ?

We are a Championship side, might aswell get used to it !

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I pointed out that I can clearly see the difference between the Premier League and the Championship. I got slated. That is pathetic. And btw, calling other fans' posts "pathetic" is fine.

I will try once more.  Your orignal post sounded like you were saying the villa was much worse this year than last.  That's what several of us disagreed with.

If your whole point was that the championship is not as good as the Premier League (and it had been clearly made)  I'm quite certain no-one would argue.  Of course, I don't think anyone would give you genius points either.

The championship is not as good as the PL.  We are looking like we might have some hope (even with some clear weaknesses) where last year we appeared to have none.  Now, can we let this rest and all go back to drinking?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Solid I thought. We're still very fragile mentally so I think we've got to grow into this season. Ability-wise we're fine.

That was exceptionally noticeable during the first 15 minutes of the second half. They were like the Villa of last season. However, they came through it and I felt that it was fairly even during after that rough 15 minutes. I thought Ayew played really well. Another point - and can only improve :)

Didn't play our strongest midfield, had a player who hasn't played for the best part of two years and is pretty naff if we're honest leading the line, and a few players who have been together a matter of weeks and still need to learn how to play together.

Not a terrible result considering they battered us for periods of the second half and are one of the better teams in the league. We should take heart and gain confidence from staying strong mentally and not folding.

Hopefully the good doctor and RDM will step up their efforts to sign a striker and you know what? Bring Gabby back into the fold, not sure it could hurt right now and gives us a better option than Kozak. He seems to be buckling down and getting fit.

Either way, no need to panic. We're in an adjustment period and not finished with our transfer business. Things are still looking positive. After last season I'd have taken five points from the first four games and we've been desperately unlucky in all of our games to boot. A bit more confidence and quality and the luck will come.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

The good:  
Defence looks solid.
Attacking half of the team looks like it's just one or two additions away from being a real force.
We managed a point away without what will be our two main central mids.

The bad:
Gollini still looks shakey, jury still out for me.
Our bench is very weak and gives us so little options (I know this will change with more incomings)
We don't look ruthless enough, need to start taking chances soon.

The ugly:
Kozak - OMG he was truly awful

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Of course it isn't ?

We are a Championship side, might aswell get used to it !

You missed the original point. I said that I noticed the difference between the two leagues and that I didn't think we were much better than last year.  I got shot down. 

Â