The Championship thread

TrentVilla

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I don't like Karanka, and perhaps consequently don't really rate him, but I'm not really seeing the logic in that decision. 

Seems they're just basing it on the owner wanted them in the top 6 by new year and they're not so obviously the manager has to get sacked....

Big weekend of fixtures this time round, everybody above us (except Forest) play each other.  It's 1st vs 6th,  2nd vs 4th,  3rd vs 9th and 5th vs 8th.   We've got Wigan who have drawn one and lost five of their last six.  Surely this has to be a weekend where we make up some ground? 

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Big weekend of fixtures this time round, everybody above us (except Forest) play each other.  It's 1st vs 6th,  2nd vs 4th,  3rd vs 9th and 5th vs 8th.   We've got Wigan who have drawn one and lost five of their last six.  Surely this has to be a weekend where we make up some ground? 

Nah. This is Villa. Wigan 3-0 Villa

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

We absolutely need to Rev and with a good rest for the players we should win this game.

5-0 Villa for me with a brilliant performance.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I don't like Karanka, and perhaps consequently don't really rate him, but I'm not really seeing the logic in that decision. 

Forest statement says that Karanka asked to be released from his contract. Weird.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Forest statement says that Karanka asked to be released from his contract. Weird.

I hope Forest nose dive down the league now, they've been playing the best football they've played for years yet Karanka has been on the verge of the sack for months. The way the board treated him was pretty disrespectful.

Personally hope it goes the way of Blues/Rowett.

Edited by wilko154

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Think Jokanovic is on his way to Forest got to be the only reason he did not want to speak to Stoke.

or maybe will go for the legendary Forest dream team of MON and Keane

All they do is talk about Brian Clough so no better place to work

25 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Think Jokanovic is on his way to Forest got to be the only reason he did not want to speak to Stoke.

I could see that. But he had problems with Fulham owners interfering. Be 10x at forest. 

Would love it if they went for monk.

It'll surely be one of Jokanovic or Rowett to Forest.  It seems the Forest-Karanka relationship was rotten for weeks, to the point the club were drip-feeding stories to the press to make his life more miserable.  I like Forest 'n all, but that's shithouse behaviour.

Â