The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Bruce will be annoyed he didn't hang around for another few weeks and get that job instead.

Stoke and Leeds best I've seen play us at VP this season, surprised they're so far down the table. Probably what Boro and Derby think when they see where we are!

Hopefully they "do a Villa" replacing their manager first season down and consign themselves to another few years in the football league.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rowett has been a conman in this league, no idea how he has reputation he does. Makes McLeish and Bruce look entertaining.

Some people even suggested him for Villa 

If Smith fails her (and I obviously hope he doesn't) you can guarantee fans will be clamouring for Rowett.

As I said last week Monk is perfect for them.  He has polished the turd well but he cannot buy anyone has a points deduction round the corner what motivation is that.  They have parachute payments for another 2 seasons and a very good squad at Stoke if they offered it him he would take it.  Younger and and more forward thinking than Moyes and Fat Sam.

35 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

As I said last week Monk is perfect for them.  He has polished the turd well but he cannot buy anyone has a points deduction round the corner what motivation is that.  They have parachute payments for another 2 seasons and a very good squad at Stoke if they offered it him he would take it.  Younger and and more forward thinking than Moyes and Fat Sam.

If his agent had any sense he would have negotiated a small pay out if another club poached him 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder if they'll go for MON again. They wanted him last January although he'll probably still take exception to not being their first choice knowing his prickly personality!

That would mean Bruce, Lambert and MON of our failed managers would be in same division as us. Maybe somebody like Reading can hire Sherwood and Swansea could hire Di Matteo to add to the list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â