The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours are so matteo is the guy brentford want! The guys a walking disaster I wouldn't go near him

I would say a bigger failure than bruce

In that case they may be in the trap of wanting to continue their style of play over necessarily hiring the best manager.  I hope they don't fall away now, but seeing as they are Moneyball FC, they should be OK.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

In that case they may be in the trap of wanting to continue their style of play over necessarily hiring the best manager.  I hope they don't fall away now, but seeing as they are Moneyball FC, they should be OK.

Di matteo was a big time flop, I hope they at least stay clear of di matteo he will ruin all the work smiths put in

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Di matteo was a big time flop, I hope they at least stay clear of di matteo he will ruin all the work smiths put in

Flop at Villa but has Premier League promotion in right system he be ok

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Flop at Villa but has Premier League promotion in right system he be ok

9 years ago, he has never managed a full season in charge of a club since that promotion, he's actually only managed 2 full seasons in a job in his career

same with Bruce, the game has moved on and that kind of achievement needs to be taken with a pinch of salt

• 2 weeks later...

Watching EFL on Quest and they talk about Boro being the "archetypal Championship team"- blood and thunder and all that jazz.

Can't we just stop with this myth that the Championship is 100 miles an hour, and every game is an absolute battle. It's not. The truth is that it's just full of a lot of teams who are shit at football trying to play football, badly.
It's not Crazy Gang down here, it's not the 1980s, it's not the Butcher of Bilbao - it's for the most part fairly 'you have the ball and try not to give it away then we will have the ball and try not to give it away' tripe.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why did Swansea not wear white jersey on Saturday. Hate when teams wear away jerseys for the sake of it

There seems to be a suggestion that shorts/socks clashing is taken into account more than I would have thought (it helps with making decisions) - although that wouldn’t have mattered on Saturday.

Only a guess, but do clubs have to wear their away kit a certain amount of times in order to legitimise selling replica kits?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

"Lampard's Derby"TM are trying to play it out every time form the keeper  even though West Brom are all over them.

Brave approach.

As I type Derby score after Jay Rodriguez makes a terrible error. Haha - hate that clearing in the woods ever since he dived for a penalty at VP

Nearly a third of the season gone and league leaders are on 26 points. Last season it was 30 (actually wasn't Wolves but Sheffield United interestingly enough).

Wolves then motored away from everyone from that point. If points stay the same the projected league winners will finish on "only" 85 points so completely different to last season.

Was quite surprised we're only 5 points worse off than this time last year so perhaps still some hope we can challenge for top 6 at least.

Big chance has gone begging to challenge for automatic promotion though. If we had last season's team this year I'd be pretty confident.

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Derby have pace and energy in the middle of the park. 

Its what we are lacking apart from McGinn

They've got lots of good attacking players.

Still lost to Rotherham and Millwall though so as inconsistant as the rest.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 16:09, Demitri_C said:

Rumours are so matteo is the guy brentford want! The guys a walking disaster I wouldn't go near him

I would say a bigger failure than bruce

Can you actually fail if you don’t even try? 

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching boro the fans are turning on pulis like we did with bruce

Doesn’t surprise me.

But in fairness to Pulis (excuse me I suddenly feel the need to spit), at least he’s briefly had Boro in the position where it looked like they might win the damn thing. And doing so with having had to sell a couple of his better players.

Â