The Championship thread

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Don't think there is any chance they won't get automatic promotion tbh, but we don't want them to have it all there own way do we :)

Yes that's what I mean, this would be another good win for Norwich and they're on a very good run themselves so another team riding off into the sunset.

Is there anyone on this message board who still thinks we'll get automatic promotion? The odds must be pretty decent already.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle 1-3 Norwich.....

Would prefer Newcastle to win as Norwich getting momentum and Newcastle potentially in the play offs isn't good news I don't think...

Oh wait Trent Dwight Gayle's just scored again....

I really don't see what it's got to with us. 

EDIT: Unless there are still people who think we will get promoted. In which case......(shakes head)

Edited by One For The Road

Just now, One For The Road said:

I really don't see what it's got to with us. 

Say we sacked RDM next week and the new appointed won his first 4 or something....would you still be writing off the season then?

Things can happen and change quickly in this league but already Norwich have a big points gulf over us. Newcastle don't but inevitable they'll go on more winning runs.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Say we sacked RDM next week and the new appointed won his first 4 or something....would you still be writing off the season then?

Things can happen and change quickly in this league but already Norwich have a big points gulf over us. Newcastle don't but inevitable they'll go on more winning runs.

We won't sack him next week though will we. And I think we will be so far off promotion come May that I don't think even a new manager could get us there now. I'm pinning my hopes on next season. I don't see Norwich OR Newcastle as being relevant to our season. We will be closer to the likes of Brentford and Bristol City imo.

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We won't sack him next week though will we. And I think we will be so far off promotion come May that I don't think even a new manager could get us there now. I'm pinning my hopes on next season. I don't see Norwich OR Newcastle as being relevant to our season. We will be closer to the likes of Brentford and Bristol City imo.

Think Bristol City will make the play offs.

Sir Dwight of Gayle with his hattrick....is that his 7th goal in 8 games Trent?

Pretty happy with that...put a tenner on Newcastle to win at 22/1 when they were 3-2 down. :lol:

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Wow. Hat-trick for Gayle. If only our lumbering strikers would score as many for us as he does for the Mags. Cracking signing for them.

I was one of the few people who said gayle would be excellent at this level yet people said he is crap. Done remarkably better than all our strikers just like I expected

Â