The Championship thread

TrentVilla

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Reports are saying Pearson is being suspended by Derby and is set to be sacked

“Derby County can confirm that manager Nigel Pearson will not be carrying out his duties at tonight’s game at the request of the club.

“Assistant manager Chris Powell will take charge of the team for this evening’s Sky Bet Championship match at Cardiff City. The club will make no further comment at this time.”

from their OS - http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3332077.aspx

So glad we didn't even up with that word removed.

More than likely, being the bully that he is, that he has tried to kick someone's head in.

EDIT : There may be some news breaking about him in the recent Telegraph 'investigations'

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Ironically that does seem early for them to get rid of him even though I wouldnt be upset if we sacked RDM now either.

Strange.

It is early - but I think they're the only team in the league with very good reasons to sack their manager.  Scored only 3 goals and he's already slagging off the players.  Poison.

24 minutes ago, rubberman said:

“Derby County can confirm that manager Nigel Pearson will not be carrying out his duties at tonight’s game at the request of the club.

“Assistant manager Chris Powell will take charge of the team for this evening’s Sky Bet Championship match at Cardiff City. The club will make no further comment at this time.”

from their OS - http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3332077.aspx

Surely Bruce and Rowett will be favourites for derby .

As much as I have been disappointed with RDM so far, never in a million years would I have wanted Pearson at Villa. He is just too much of a live wire.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds and what action Derby take. Could a different manager kick them into gear? Or will they disintegrate totally like we did last year?

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

bust up with the chairman apparently, have heard before that managers at Derby have no power in players coming in so probably connected to that

They shouldn't have sacked Paul Clement...pretty sure they were 2nd in the table when he was ditched mid season last year.

Â