The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Just now, One For The Road said:

No I know that's why the question mark!

Fair enough. I've only been watching it for 10 or so minutes and apart from the goal from a corner, Derby have been the best team. Just like we were when we played there, we just never seem to get that bit of luck. 

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Fair enough. I've only been watching it for 10 or so minutes and apart from the goal from a corner, Derby have been the best team. Just like we were when we played there, we just never seem to get that bit of luck. 

Thats how you win games in Championship though, Newcastle went to Bristol City and played awful and grinded out a 1-0 win

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly they seem to have a better manager than us

It's insane how well they are doing and yet loads of them want him out! RDM has a lot of work to do. I fear that defeat tomorrow could bring the knives out. Especially with other results this weekend. 

Paul Heckingbottom (teehee) is an interesting one at Barnsley.  He was development squad manager last season and stood in as caretaker when Danny Wilson was sacked.

He then won them the EFL trophy and got them promoted to the Championship via the playoffs.  Got given the role full time in June and currently has them sitting level with Newcastle on 15pts.  He's only 39 too.

One to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

As things stand we would only be 6 points behind Newcastle and 7 points off the top, promotion is completely on course, RDM is doing brilliant with a brand new team IMO, Newcastle aren't that great, let's not get carried away by a few results. 

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

As things stand we would only be 6 points behind Newcastle and 7 points off the top, promotion is completely on course, RDM is doing brilliant with a brand new team IMO, Newcastle aren't that great, let's not get carried away by a few results. 

Alot can change in 20 minutes...not over yet

Taking a quick look at the stats.  A small sample size, granted.  But there are comparitively more home wins in the Championship this season than there were in the Premier League last season.  Also fewer away wins with a similar amount of draws.

Nearly 50% of all games are home wins (47.6%) so far this season (40 home wins in 84 matches).  Compared to only 26.2% for away wins (22).  With 22 draws.

This compares with 41.3% & 30.5% respectively in the Premier League last season.

Everything else is, give or take, much of a muchness.  PPG, clean sheets, home goals, away goals.

Might be something for the gamblers amongst us to bear in mind.

Just read every post in this thread. If i could multi quote every post i would, but I cant and anyway BOF would be after me :rolleyes:

So for every post on here, here is my response.

The Championship sucks !!!!!!!

• Like 1

Although the games not being streamed is an arse. I'm not devastated about that because it's making me go to more games and I don't dread it as much as in the Prem.

Also in the Championship we actually get to outplay teams. Granted not usually for 90mins but it's been bleeding years since I've seen us genuinely outplay someone that I'm still a bit giddy  about it and even though the results aren't there I'm still kind of liking the Champ. 

The only worry about not immediately going back up is that Tony loses the faith and doesn't want to support the team in the way he has so far. Nobody knows what he would do in that situation except him. But if we went the way of the Wednesdays and Leeds of this world that would be a genuine knightmare.

But right now I get to see exciting play and chances, sometimes more than two in a game and atter the last few years I'm happy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â