The Championship thread

TrentVilla

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On the table it is quite interesting, I think Oldham are team in Football League who have been in same league for longest period. they must be near 20 years in League 1

Makes me feel old. I still remember them getting into the Premier League!

And Frank Bunn's 6 goals in one game in the cup against a lower league team.... Scarborough at a guess!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Boundary park in the winter months was a hard place to watch football. 

Every single time I went there, I caught a cold. Even for Ian Olney's testimonial in August.

On 13/01/2017 at 19:35, Xela said:

Makes me feel old. I still remember them getting into the Premier League!

And Frank Bunn's 6 goals in one game in the cup against a lower league team.... Scarborough at a guess!

Yeah it was Scarborough. It was a League cup night match. I think they scored 7 that night and Bunn did indeed bag 6. I think Andy Ritchie may have got the other.

They also reached the FA Cup semis at our expense in 1990. They had a decent side back then.

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Yeah it was Scarborough. It was a League cup night match. I think they scored 7 that night and Bunn did indeed bag 6. I think Andy Ritchie may have got the other.

They also reached the FA Cup semis at our expense in 1990. They had a decent side back then.

3-0 QF defeat IIRC

That plastic pitch was a huge advantage to them!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

3-0 QF defeat IIRC

That plastic pitch was a huge advantage to them!

I was there, what a shit match in a freezing cold shit hole of a ground.

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I was there, what a shit match in a freezing cold shit hole of a ground.

Yep me too had to wag school to go. Only got tickets on the coach on the way up there!  Happy days even though we lost.

A visual aid.  The points distribution table.  The league is just beginning to stretch its legs now.  Not just the automatic places.  Even the playoff sides are making a gap.

bea89733bb5cdf18259934fc3bb61064.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Brighton are fantastic hope they are crowned champions 

Honestly think they will eventually run away with it and leave Newcastle in a distant 2nd, possibly 3rd. 

Edited by Tommo_b

Â