The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Mao we are gracing the Championship with our presence, hopefully just for a season, so about time we had a thread for all things to do with the league and our new company that doesn't fit in threads about individual teams.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not that up on the players in the league so looking forward to changing that.

• Like 1

"Coming into the club there's a number of situations I've inherited. Shane, Ben Marshall... there have been offers that were rejected a couple of weeks ago.

"But what you have in the modern game is third-party interest, somebody in one ear telling you one thing, someone else in the other ear telling you another.

"They have their heads turned and you've got to manage that in the modern game.

"When you step on that field you've got to be at your best and be at your maximum and, unfortunately, that's not happened tonight."

Owen Coyle already coming out with all the excuses. This guy is an absolute parasite.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37030417

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I remember Owen Coyle was the brightest young manager in British football :o

I actually tipped him, privately, to be the next manager of arsenal at one point..........on reflection though, i didn't take his spirituality into account so that's where I must have gone wrong......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You act like these aren't the same guys who sacked Sam Allardyce to appoint Steve Kean

Worst owners in British football in last 10 years imo.

Let's remember Blackburn were a stable mid table prem club when they turned up.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I actually tipped him, privately, to be the next manager of arsenal at one point..........on reflection though, i didn't take his spirituality into account so that's where I must have gone wrong......

He got Burnley promoted and did well for 18 months at Bolton....his managerial career has never recovered from somehow losing 5-0 to Stoke in the cup semi final in April 2011.

I know theres a lot of games which makes it "tough" over a full season....but the way people were talking championship quality preseason couldn't be any further from the truth. I thought it was going to be a prem lite league from what people were saying . People were making out its really physical and super fit league. Defending is this league is laughably bad. Very surprised how bad the standard is from games I watched 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Â