The Championship thread

TrentVilla

They'll be a danger once he's gone.

Well run club just got a little wet fart as a manager.

In fact exactly the sort of place Smith will end up if we sack him.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Can see it actually.

Their owner has invested loads down the years and Ashton Gate is a premier league quality stadium nowadays. Felt like for last 5 years it's been a place ready to take off but they can't seem to make the final step.

I know they sell key players every summer but Nakhi Wells, Weimann, Dhiedou and Afobe is a good strikeforce for that level and Elliason coming off the bench aswell. Interested what @JamesBCFC thinks.

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson has been sacked after a run of poor form that culminated with Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to Cardiff City.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke 😂

Just seen that Leeds have paid £16m for Helder Costa, that's more than Wolves paid for him after his loan when he was one of the better players in the championship, he hasn't even been that good for Leeds by all accounts. If they go up that will be almost £40m they will have spent on him and Augustin without either of them having made much of an impression, if they don't come up they're not obliged to buy Augustin, but will still have to sell players to get back the money they've spent on Costa.

11 hours ago, useless said:

Just seen that Leeds have paid £16m for Helder Costa, that's more than Wolves paid for him after his loan when he was one of the better players in the championship, he hasn't even been that good for Leeds by all accounts. If they go up that will be almost £40m they will have spent on him and Augustin without either of them having made much of an impression, if they don't come up they're not obliged to buy Augustin, but will still have to sell players to get back the money they've spent on Costa.

If Leeds dont come up they are in massive trouble.

And if they plan to only have bamford augstin and costa as their strikers they are coming straight back down and will perform as badly as us

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Didn't realise how close it was at the top, holding out hope Leeds somehow bottle it again as it would be hilarious.

source.gif

Them abd WBA bottling it would make it easier for us to accept relegation. 😢

7 minutes ago, useless said:

If Albion and Leeds go up this season then there's a very good chance that we will be swapping places with them again in about ten months time.

I think the same, both would be relegation candidates without big investment and Leeds are already spending near 40million on 2 players

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be absolutely hilarous of wba dint come up. But cant see it

All it would take would be for them to lose at home to Fulham and Brentford win their last 3. It's far more likely than Leeds blowing up now which most of this forum still seems obssesed with and even expecting. I suspect though that WBA will grind out a draw v Fulham who aren't great defensively and win their last two.

They've got some tidy footballers in their team like Matheus Periera and Krinomovic but their side reminds me of the one that came up under Mowbray, played o.k football but couldn't defend (actually sounds like us aswell!). They'd do very well to stay up unless Bilic used his connections to get in some old mates although I doubt they'll be convincing Ivan Rakitic to swop Barcelona for Smethwick!

Â