The Championship thread

TrentVilla

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but he is the only goalkeeper in Championship with a save percentage lower than 50%, has conceded 8 goals from 13 shots. Not the first time this season he has made a blunder either

One thinks he may be disappointed he didn't get a move in the summer and his mind is elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

One thinks he may be disappointed he didn't get a move in the summer and his mind is elsewhere.

Never understood how that works. Could he not just put that out of his mind on a matchday? Why would it affect his game unless he's making a conscious choice to put in less effort for the team that blocked his move? 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Never understood how that works. Could he not just put that out of his mind on a matchday? Why would it affect his game unless he's making a conscious choice to put in less effort for the team that blocked his move? 

I don't think it's less effort, I think it's just a human reaction to disappointment.

If I grafted my arse off at work, got brilliant results but then didn't get a promotion I went for, I think my immediate standards of work would have the potential to slip too.

• Like 1

Cavaleiro looking like a very good signing for Fulham, scored another two tonight and assisted another. Was surprised that Wolves let him go, and even more so that he could only get a move to a championship club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Cavaleiro looking like a very good signing for Fulham, scored another two tonight and assisted another. Was surprised that Wolves let him go, and even more so that he could only get a move to a championship club.

He's on loan, isn't he?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think it's less effort, I think it's just a human reaction to disappointment.

If I grafted my arse off at work, got brilliant results but then didn't get a promotion I went for, I think my immediate standards of work would have the potential to slip too.

Yeah that's what I meant. The way people put it make it seem like he's distracted or something lol

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Knockaert on the other flank aswell, would be amazed if Fulham aren't top 2. They've had a good start to the season which was their problem in last two seasons down here.

Just checked back and after 4 games last season Stoke had conceded 9 games so one less.

Whatever way you spin it over past three seasons Butland has conceded a shed load of goals. Clearly not that great at organising international defenders infront of him to keep their shape and mark men.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Knockaert on the other flank aswell, would be amazed if Fulham aren't top 2. They've had a good start to the season which was their problem in last two seasons down here.

Fulham should win it. Swansea seem to be doing well, grinding out results where needed, and they haven't got a bad team either.

They're doing better than I was expecting but still a long way to go yet. Swansea look dangerous, finished last season quite strongly to the point where they had an outside chance of making the play offs with just a few games to go, after being lower mid table for most of the season, thought losing their manager might derail them but have carried on the good form, but as with Leeds it's still early days for them as well. Norwich were still mid table well into October last year, things can change so fast in the championship.

Â