Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Huddersfield

limpid

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the first half sounded like he did well along with everyone else. Then as i stated in the .atch thread, tbe Bacuna implosion   began. Hopefully soon he will only be imploding on the bench.

Without seeing the game at all, you conclude Bacuna "imploded"?

• Like 2

frustrating but not to worry, this is early days and the team is still developing. first half showed us playing well, second a lesson to avoid. Jedinak and others will help on that score. Can't slam Gollini for the goal really, communication needs to improve but they've had less than one week together those main three. 

That said, i do look forward to us eventually winning back to back games - that will be a signpost that we are getting going in the right direction properly. 

Edited by Rodders

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

frustrating but not too worry, this is early days and the team is still developing. first half showed us playing well, second a lesson to avoid. Jedinak and others will help on that score. Can't slam Gollini for the goal really, communication needs to improve but they've had less than one week together those main three. 

That said, i do look forward to us eventually winning back to back games - that will be a signpost that we are getting going in the right direction properly. 

And that will happen. We are going to be okay. More than okay.

Blues conceded last minute as well, we're not the only football team that does this folks.

Yes it's annoying Gollini has let us down twice now we have to account for his age and inexperience in this league.

we are unbeaten at home so far in the league and hopefully we can maintain that for the first 6-7 games, nick a couple of away wins here and there and see where we are after 15 games once the team has settled down and we get a grip on this league.

• Like 2

Proper shame. We were unlucky at the end but didn't take our chances when they came. We could and probably should have won that one. All too familiar at the end but look at that bench. We're a striker, right back and midfielder away from a first 11 I'd be happy with. However, after 3 games I'd have taken a win a draw and a loss while we're sorting the squad out still and players are coming in and that's what we've got. In reality we're unlucky not to be on 7 points after 2 wins and a draw imo.

• Like 1

The stream I was listening to was about a minute behind. I thought they would score and was about to place bets on Villa no clean sheet at 8/1 and the draw at 12/1. Bet365 was running slowly and by the time it got there they'd scored. Even more frustrating. 

Good first half, should have been further up. We didn't react to their substitution in the second half. Should have put on an extra midfielder, their number 10 was having the freedom of the park. Summed us up really, when the going gets tough we shrink into the shadows in midfield. Hopefully Jedinak will sort that out. 

Managed to listen to the second half from out here in Zanzibar so thanks for the radio link whoever found it!

very frustrating and a farcical goal to concede but is it just me or would we have lost this kind of game last year. I know we should t be trying to soak up pressure for 45 mins but the fact remains we only conceded to a freak. I'd targeted 6 points from the first three games so two off that, if we can somehow beat Derby it will still have been a successful start to the season.

Considering we hammered them for much of the game, you have to give a bit of credit to Huddersfield, for staying in the game and coming back at us.....character that is vital to gain promotion.

Their man chased a lost cause and got his reward, albeit fortunate.....we must work harder in those situations.

Maybe we can learn from this during the course of the season.....would like to see our forwards do a similar thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

170 accurate passes could include 169 passes back to their goalkeeper!

It could... but it probably doesn't. Probably explains their dominance in possession which will habe hindered our chances of putting a stamp on the 2nd half.

• Like 1

Okay so it was a bad final 15 minutes.. Maybe even worse than bad, but we are a side still rebuilding confidence and as they say Rome wasn't built in a day so I give RDM far more than pre-season and 4 matches to get this squad built. That aside it was pretty bad towards the end.. 

Positives.. We could be Newcastle on 0 points right now rather than 4 points out of 3 league games. We dominated the first half and ideally should have scored 5 or 6 but we weren't clinical enough, this should be a 5-1 win ratings and reactions not a 1-1 but that is football. Tshibola, Elphick and Grealish all seem top quality and some others appeared to shine at times today as well. Based on last season if someone had said we would be on 4 points after 3 leagues games I would have taken that, I think my disappointment is more because it was 3 points lost today thanks to 15 minutes of poor football at the end.. All in all it's early days.. 

7 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

We should all know enough about shit Villa teams by now to know that this isn't one of them.

Work in progress undeniably but we are a lot further along than feared we might be going into the season. More clinical in front of goal, more communication between goalkeeper and defence (far too harsh to pin that one solely on Gollini) plus the new additions and we'll be just fine.

We all want to club and players to step up and not fall back into the negative bad habits of the past few years, how about we do the same?

I don't think Gollini was solely at fault either.

Elphick was gesticulating with his hand to say "keep calm everything is under control" when their forward was clear the chance was not yet lost.

A bit of an error of judgment imo.....row Z could have been an option.

• Like 1

Dominated the first half and really should have been 2-0 up at the very least. 

Huddersfield came at us in the second half and we were crying out for a strong centre midfielder as Westwood and Tshibola were getting overrun and looked knackered. 

Their goal was a complete fluke but I think Elphick was more at fault than Gollini. Tommy had control of the ball and should have either cleared it or passed it back to the keeper for an easy clearance. 

Overall I don't think it's worth worrying too much about this result. 8/9 times out of 10 we would have put that game to bed before HT. 

Â