Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Huddersfield

limpid

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this is down to his age and experience, was actually secretly hoping we would have gotten an experienced head too like pany man. That said he also made a couple brilliant saves. We should have taken our chances too. Lets face it though a,point is better than none, confidence is not all the way back yet hopefully will get there. Huddersfield also sound like a nightmare to play against!

Confidence will have taken a blow again unfortunately.

First, they are another decent team in this league, so disappointing not to win, but a point is still an okay result.

Another game of two halves, with the attacking play from the first half very encouraging - clear, we are going to do well in this league, but we definitely need more attacking options and some more steel in the middle (Jedinak + 1), for when we are under the cosh.

Sure it's yet another late goal, but is was a fluke and at least we didn't then lose.

Unbeaten in two. We go again.

• Like 3

Freak goal for them and not going to blame the keeper for that. This team is a work in progress still and Jedinak will certainly help.  Disappointing result but a lot of positives and a couple more signings, we will see these type of games out I'm sure.  Need a stronger bench over the course of the season though.  UTV

its typical Villa sadly, I have never ever been confident in a game when we have a narrow lead in the last couple of minutes

have seen many games down the years we have been in control and yet never finish the opponent and get punished

it's a shame we didn't close the game down better and this is what happens a lot of times when you invite pressure with only one goal to spare. still, we're unbeaten in two games and the first half sounded like we were dominating and unlucky not to get 3-4 goals. not worried by this, it's football and it happens. up and onwards!

• Like 1

I think DiMateo sees it, we lack presence in midfield. I'm hoping Jedinak solves that issue immediately. I think it will.

A player like Jedinak doesn't get bullied and in a dominant position doesn't allow the opposition in.

We could have done with a win here to build our confidence. I have to admit, I'm impatient, I want promotion this season and want us to hit the ground running. I'm disappointed with this result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think DiMateo sees it, we lack presence in midfield. I'm hoping Jedinak solves that issue immediately. I think it will.

A player like Jedinak doesn't get bullied and in a dominant position doesn't allow the opposition in.

We could have done with a win here to build our confidence. I have to admit, I'm impatient, I want promotion this season and want us to hit the ground running. I'm disappointed with this result.

Agree with this. Westwood was poor tonight I felt. 

43 games to go. Huddersfield are an average fizzy pop team who will be nowhere near promotion come the end of the season. They scored an absolute fluke and we had chance after chance. We will add to this squad and get automatic promotion. I can't see anyone in this division that we should be worried about. All the decent teams are in the Premier League.

it looked remarkably fortunate for Huddersfield, but thats what can happen, when you chase lost causes.

its easy to be wise after the event, but could Elphick not took the initiative to clear

could  Chester have chosen to go with the runner, to help elphick and Gollini and put off his man.

I think a bit of indecision was at play here and a case of leaving it to someone else when it may be better to take control yourself.

Â