Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Huddersfield

limpid

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Huddersfield scored a fluke. We dominated most of that game and should have been out of sight before half time. Add a couple of players to this squad and we will guarantee automatic promotion form this piss poor league.

much like against Wednesday, but if we crumble everytime a team has a bit of attacking possession then we are finished, we can't shite ourselves every time a team shows some intent.

To me Westwood and Tish is just not a strong enough midfield

Edited by VillanousOne

Farsical goal really..a second time he has messed up and cost us points..but he is young and new to the english game..

Second half we just gave up..i was expecting a continuation of the first but that clearly did not happen.

I knew if we didnt take those chances in the first half it could come back to bite us in the ass and it happened.

As poor in the 2nd half as we dominate the first. Chances need to be taken when offered, or as we have seen many times you pay the price.

Poor goalkeeping for the goal, ball needs to go wide not straight down the pitch. Most players trying to block the ball will be running straight at the keeper.

Elphick could have done better at blocking the attacker off also.

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

ANOTHER self inflicted wound by Villa and Gollini. I have little confidence in him already. He's nervous and flappy.

I think this is down to his age and experience, was actually secretly hoping we would have gotten an experienced head too like pany man. That said he also made a couple brilliant saves. We should have taken our chances too. Lets face it though a,point is better than none, confidence is not all the way back yet hopefully will get there. Huddersfield also sound like a nightmare to play against!

The one concern i had after Rotherham was that Westwood and Tish  got bullied and physically outmatched rather easily at time, and better teams would make us pay.

Sounds like that happened today 2nd half - when Huddersfield were pushing i hardly heard those two mentioned, apart from when they were giving the ball away or fouling the opposition.

Fortunately it sounds like we have already fixed that lack of presence in midfield with Jedinak. 

Really solid first half and paid the price for not taking chances. Main point is we're creating chances.

Blame has to be on the keeper (again) he had time to pick somewhere to put his clearance and opted to smash it straight at the on rushing forward. 4 points dropped now in 3 games.

Edited by Genie

Didn't take the chances to shut out the game, and got punished. Comedy goal to concede, which makes it worse. Sounded like Wells made a big difference when he came on, and changed the momentum. Sign him up!

Need to be ruthless. Hopefully the players learnt today that you can NEVER be comfortable when 1-0 up. 

They should have bust a gut when Huddersfield started to gain the upper hand. Hopefully they feel as bad as they do after a defeat right now.

Â