Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Designer1

Deus_Ex,_Mankind_Divided_Box_Art.jpeg

Anyone else going to be picking this up? From what i've seen/read it looks like it could be a GOTY contender.

Overview here

The year is 2029. The world still reels in the aftermath of the Aug Incident, the day when mechanically augmented citizens across the globe were suddenly stripped of control of their own minds and bodies. Millions of innocents died as a result, the golden era of augmentation brutally declared over.

Mechanically modified humans are now deemed outcasts and segregated from the rest of society. Crime is rife. Acts of terror commonplace. Yet they serve to cast a thin veil over a much larger conspiracy, one aimed at controlling the very future of mankind.

Should be getting it later today on PS4 and if it's as good as Human Revolution we could be in for a treat.

Human Revolution wasn't a game I had much interest in at all when it came out, but when I eventually got around to playing it via PS+ I loved it (having just looked it up though, it was on PS+ July 2012, not even a year after it's initial release). In fact it was one of my favourite games of the gen, so much so I then went on to purchase the 'Director's Cut' on PC, and in turn the original Deus Ex. If this is even close to the quality of HR it'll be worth a look, and if they've managed to retain the style, polish the gameplay, and make the whole thing a bit bigger, yeah it's got every chance of being Game of the Year.

Won't be getting this anytime soon though. I have far, far too many things to get through as it is. And this will probably come after Witcher 3 Goty, too.

Played the pre-credit level last night and anyone who has played Human Revolution will be right at home. From the small time i've played it certainly doesn't look as though they've tried to reinvent the wheel.

Looking forward to getting a bit further into it as from what i've read it's even more open and expanded than HR.

Slight tangent, but has anyone seen the huge mural for the game at the Custard Factory?  It's kinda cool as far as billboards go. 

OqUXwdK.jpg

It's six stories tall, you can see it from all the trains passing through Moor Street station.  Looks great at night.

Edited by The_Rev

Loved Human Revolution, even if it felt a little linear at times.

Like hogso, too much on at the moment but I'll definitely be buying this at some point. Very slick games with a lot of depth to the story and gameplay.

I'm a few hours into it and it's been fantastic so far.

One thing i've noticed is that the difficulty seems to have been ramped up considerably and i've been thrown into some pretty hard situations quite early on.

That's not a criticism by the way, just an observation.

Â