Squad / Team - how do you see it?

Dodgyknees

Im pretty pleased with this window, got rid of alot of deadweight with nine new signings coming in. Still think we might lack some width but cant complain over this window!

Now its up to RDM and the players to prove their worth, with the ammount of new players theres bound to be some bumps along the way but the squad should be able to handle this league. With the investment weve made id expect a top 6 finish atleast.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Gollini

De Laet - Elphick - Chester - Amavi

Ayew - Jedinak - Tish - Grealish

McCormack - Kodjia

We've got a pretty strong side 

This is what I think our first choice will be.  Adomah will be impact sub depending how Jack and Jordan are playing / or rotation when we've got 3 day fixtures.  Rudy on to change things up front.

I think Adomahs signing will benefit us a lot. It will put both Ayew and Grealish under pressure. Ayew for me players better off the left as it enables him to come inside to shoot having a natural right winger will let this happen. Having Kodija upfront will make a big difference aswell both for creativity and the counter attack. It's a shame we have to wait to get our season started. 

6 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think Adomahs signing will benefit us a lot. It will put both Ayew and Grealish under pressure. Ayew for me players better off the left as it enables him to come inside to shoot having a natural right winger will let this happen. Having Kodija upfront will make a big difference aswell both for creativity and the counter attack. It's a shame we have to wait to get our season started. 

Yeah, makes me glad now  to have seen Traore leave, was a wasted place in the squad providing no competition. Everyone now has competition. Excellente. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bose said:

1501387_Dream_Team.jpg

Subs: Bunn, Westwood, Bacuna, Ayew, Gestede, Baker, Cissokho (hopefully I haven't forgotten someone!)

While I agree with the line-up, I'm not sure I like those kits. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

So the squad will be:

GK: Gollini (potential), Bunn (weak), Steer (potential)

RB: De Laet (solid), Bacuna (passable), Hutton (passable) 

LB: Amavi (potential+), Cissokho (passable)

CB: Chester (solid+) , Elphick (solid+), Baker (passable), Richards (weak)

CM: Jedinak (solid+), Tshibola (potential), Westwood (passable) , Gardner (weak+), Lyden (potential)

RW: Adomah (solid), Green (potential+)

LW: Grealish (potential+)

FW: McCormack (good), Kodija (solid+), Ayew (good-), Gestede (passable), Kozak (weak+), Hepburn-Murpy (potential), Gabby (weak)

At a glance it looks very top heavy, lacking in width and weak in midfield, but as McCormack and Ayew have been used as midfielders rather than strikers it evens out a bit.

When all fit I expect the formation to be something like:

Gollini

De Laet      Chester       Elphick       Amavi

Jedinak        Tshibola       <---------------->   (Westwood)

Adomah      McCormack      Ayew  <---------------->   (Grealish)

Kodija    <-------------------------->   (Ayew)

Doubt any team in the league is even close to us when it comes to attacking options, we are spoiled for choice, however we probably can't fit them all in if we are to have a functioning formation. ATM Ayew has been played as a winger where he is not very effective (or happy?). Nice that we have options thou.

Defense looks strong to me, but would have been nice with another CB.

Midfield is a big worry for me,

Jedinak will need time to get up to speed and his passing is limited (from what I've read). 

Tshibola is an unknown quantity who seem to have back luck with injuries, hopefully he'll be a revelation

Westwood is an OK squad option at this level, but will struggle in a 2 man midfield IMO, especially when put under pressure

Gardner, I just don't know. It hasn't looked good has it? Probably not suited to a 2 man midfield either. 

Lyden I've not seen enough of.

Hopefully we can score enough goals to be in reach of the play off spots come January when we can bring in another CM and then push on from there.

(sorry in advance to anyone with OCD who should probably not spend too much time staring at that slightly lopsided formation :))

Pretty much my thoughts, with maybe Cissosko ahead of Amavi until team settles into a pattern and wins some gains, improving confidence

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I'd love to know what % our outgoing players wages covered of the 9 new ones, obviously roughly speaking. I understand we're subsiding large portions of some of the loans. Were there many speculative wage estimates in the papers for our new signings?

Are there any players not in contract you'd take ? I mean I know we have signed 9 and all but just wondering if there are any non contract players available 

Edited by Richard

As the Transfer speculation thread is now closed, and since we are a bit light at CB.

Joel Ekstrand is still unattached, released by Watford, currently on trial at Bristol.

He's had a terrible time with injuries in the last year, but before that he was actually pretty good. 27 y.o, just outside the Swedish national side.

Could be wort the gamble?

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Berbatov, Leon Osman, Martin Caceres, Meireles and Flamini are available, Schwarzer as well could do a job as we bed Gollini in.

Jose Enrique or Sessegnon would be desperation moves

I'd take Schwarzer for sure

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Berbatov, Leon Osman, Martin Caceres, Meireles and Flamini are available, Schwarzer as well could do a job as we bed Gollini in.

Jose Enrique or Sessegnon would be desperation moves

Schwarzer and I would also look at Junior Hoilett who could do a job.

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Schwarzer and I would also look at Junior Hoilett who could do a job.

Agreed. Wouldnt say no to Flamini or Meireles either. Could do with more competition at CM. 

Competition for places is an amazing thing. You cant play shit and stay in the side like last season. You play shit.. your out son. 

• Like 2