Dalian Atkinson

Pongotastic

Just now, villa4europe said:

This should be bigger news than it seems to be 

I really don’t understand why it isn’t. The parallels with the George Floyd case are as blatant as they could be.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I really don’t understand why it isn’t. The parallels with the George Floyd case are as blatant as they could be.

I don't think they want to go near the underlying mental issues 

But rally that's being kind, deep down I think getting everyone to look at the yanks means they can say at least we're not like that and this doesn't play well with that message, we don't have a problem here, absolutely nothing to see 

• Like 2

This is so difficult to read and sickeningly similar to the George Floyd case in many ways. Presumably the defence will be he died of a heart attack from underlying health conditions and that kicking him in the head and thrashing him with a baton were by the by.

This is going to be a tough case to follow, particularly since the strong presumption is that they will get off based on historical precedent.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Did I read that this could be the first time an on duty police officer is found guilty of murder or manslaughter in the UK, or have I imagined that?

I believe this is the case, yes.

• Thanks 1

How can they not be convicted if theres evidence they kicked him in the head after he is tasered?  I get they could argue about the excessive tasering saying it took time for him to go down or something, but how can this be argued against?

I read the details on the BBC and it was really disturbing.

Tasered for 33 seconds (recommended is 5 seconds) and he did so by overriding the device holding the button down. Then boots him so hard in the head that it leaves lace marks, then to finish up the other police office (who were in a relationship together) took it upon herself to beat Dalian with a baton.

If this isn’t a guilty verdict then I don’t know what is.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I read the details on the BBC and it was really disturbing.

Tasered for 33 seconds (recommended is 5 seconds) and he did so by overriding the device holding the button down. Then boots him so hard in the head that it leaves lace marks, then to finish up the other police office (who were in a relationship together) took it upon herself to beat Dalian with a baton.

If this isn’t a guilty verdict then I don’t know what is.

Yeah, I agree. I'd be very surprised if they got off even with manslaughter given those facts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This should be bigger news than it seems to be 

It's crazy. You've got to go looking for it on the BBC News website. Sky have it as their main story on the website to be fair. I'm not watching any of the news channels so haven't a clue what they're showing.

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's crazy. You've got to go looking for it on the BBC News website. Sky have it as their main story on the website to be fair. I'm not watching any of the news channels so haven't a clue what they're showing.

It's on the front page of the BBC website to be fair. Second biggest story

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's on the front page of the BBC website to be fair. Second biggest story

Maybe they have changed it now or I just missed it. I didn't see it there when I was looking for it.

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe they have changed it now or I just missed it. I didn't see it there when I was looking for it.

It depends on your locations, I cant see it either but its on the Sports section front page

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Dalian.png

Fair enough, the mexican metro crash was the top story when I was looking, but like @Zatman just said it could be my location. As I'm searching from Germany maybe the more international news took precedence.

• Like 2

Â