Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Definitely start with the same team. **** rotation. We make this mistake all the time. Get a win, feel like we're world beaters and believe we have squad depth that resembles the best clubs in Europe.......... then go and lose. We've done it time and time again in important games (mainly cup) since when MON was here. Does my head in 

• Like 4

I think we can safely say that this will be a much tougher game than Rotherham. Huddersfield are clearly no mugs as evidenced by their victory at Newcastle.

Saying that, although it was one win, there was a certain feel good factor around the place for the Rotherham game. I think we will scrape it by the odd goal with a few nervy moments inbetween times. No doubt more high jinx from Dr Tony too.

Unlike Rotherham who offered very little in terms of an attacking threat, they've got Mooy, Wells and our own Lolley that need to be kept quiet.

Hopefully we've got enough in the locker to get another home win, but I don't think it will be as comfortable as the last game.

I'm all up for the same side being picked tonight. Momentum, confidence.. they're professionals and should be able to play 2 games in succession like this.

Don't forget they played Newcastle the weekend too so they're in the same boat. We won't be at a disadvantage by playing the same 11.

We'll need to put in another performance like we did Saturday to beat Huddersfield. They've won 2 of 3 (including Newcastle) so will be as high as we are and coming in looking for a result.

Im super pumped for this game.... for various reasons (work and living in oz mainly) I have not seen Villa win since (insert drumroll here) ...... Bournemouth this time last year. I have tomorrow off.... alarm set for 4.05 (enough time to brew a coffee) then at 4.15am I'm going to sit down undisturbed and watch Villa spank Huddersfield. 

Please Villa dont let me down. I want to see goals, tackles and splitting passes but please if they have to score please no own goals, no freaky back passes or lazy stupid defending.... I am very fragile emotionally :blink:

Look forward to posting in the post-match thread about my correct prediction of Villa winning 4-0

• Like 4

Will there be highlights of this later? I have looked on channel 5 and sky and can't see any Aston Villa founded football league highlights programs anywhere 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Im super pumped for this game.... for various reasons (work and living in oz mainly) I have not seen Villa win since (insert drumroll here) ...... Bournemouth this time last year. I have tomorrow off.... alarm set for 4.05 (enough time to brew a coffee) then at 4.15am I'm going to sit down undisturbed and watch Villa spank Huddersfield.

Please Villa dont let me down. I want to see goals, tackles and splitting passes but please if they have to score please no own goals, no freaky back passes or lazy stupid defending.... I am very fragile emotionally :blink:

Look forward to posting in the post-match thread about my correct prediction of Villa winning 4-0

ummmm how u planning on watching the game?