Summer 2016 Transfers - Ins & Outs

ender4

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Jedinak is the only player we've signed who looks a genuine leader to me. Hutton is more of a leader than any of the other players we signed.

Maybe but any leadership ability Hutton has is far negated by his complete lack of ability.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Jedinak is the only player we've signed who looks a genuine leader to me. Hutton is more of a leader than any of the other players we signed.

Id argue elphick is a leader in the way he acts. Geeing up fans, on the pitch before a game. Haven't seen enough on the pitch during a game though. Hard to disagree with the sentiment of the post though.

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Id argue elphick is a leader in the way he acts. Geeing up fans, on the pitch before a game. Haven't seen enough on the pitch during a game though. Hard to disagree with the sentiment of the post though.

It's just nothing screams out 'genuine leader' to me when I see Elphick even when he tries to get the fans more involved. The actions suggest it but it's far from convincing. I would love for him to prove me wrong but I can't see it unless we brought in a manager who lifted everyone in general.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Can I ask what Hutton has ever done that you'd consider to be 'genuine leadership' @Michael118   I'm struggling to think of anything!

He just seems like more of an authentic leader than Elphick. He looks like someone who has more resolve and his actions seem less forced. I buy it with him whereas I don't with Elphick and therefore any 'act of leadership' is more convincing and inspiring to me coming from Hutton than Elphick.

If you want a specific example, Hutton has made some excellent runs forward which came against the tide and were very important in some matches. In a better team they might have resulted in more and he might have received more credit for them. Either way, he has shown an ability to stand up at the right time which is a characteristic of a leader.

Edited by Michael118

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He just seems like more of an authentic leader than Elphick. He looks like someone who has more resolve and his actions seem less forced. I buy it with him whereas I don't with Elphick and therefore any 'act of leadership' is more convincing and inspiring to me coming from Hutton than Elphick.

If you want a specific example, Hutton has made some excellent runs forward which came against the tide and were very important in some matches. In a better team they might have resulted in more and he might have received more credit for them. Either way, he has shown he has the ability to stand up at the right time which is a characteristic of a leader.

Was this just before his cross went into row z, he strolled back to retain shape and we were left short at the back? But, in all seriousness, I just don't see anyone from last years squad as anywhere near a leader. 

43 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Was this just before his cross went into row z, he strolled back to retain shape and we were left short at the back? But, in all seriousness, I just don't see anyone from last years squad as anywhere near a leader. 

We can only blame ourselves if there are no creative options ahead of him and Adama Traore is sitting on the bench for 85 minutes.

I personally think from last season's players Hutton would have made a decent captain and if we kept Clark he has strong leadership ability also once he sorts out his confidence issues.

Edited by Michael118