Summer 2016 Transfers - Ins & Outs

ender4

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We may never know the fee for Adama. Nobody in the media even taking a stab in the dark. 

After reading Dr's tweet, and how guarded he's been with it, when open with pretty much everything else. My guess would be 0 (or equivalent amount for Adomah) but it being highly structured with fees for appearances, goals etc, international call-ups and sell on %. But we may never know, unless Tony is tweeted about it everyday... threatening to send back season tickets if the info ain't provided

When you look at this picture it's quite staggering just how much great work Dr X has done since he has taken over. If he did half of was what done I would have been very happy. Look at all the tripe that we have gotten shot of...

Transfers.png

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Guzan

Crespo - Okore - Lescott - Bennett

Gana - Clark - Richardson

Adama                            Nzogbia

Sinclair

:blink:

hi eric what you been up to?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After the forest game I sat and thought have we just spunked another 60mill down the drain??

Apart from Kodja and RM (I'm happy with), I have this awful feeling that we have signed 3 bang average defenders, and injury prone midfielder, a guy that may have just turned the corner towards retirement and a error a minute keeper.

I'm hoping I'm having a little overreaction, but apart from the strikers, have we brought a load of tat?

worried smiley.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anybody seen Conor Hourihane play? Never have myself but got some decent stats for goals and assists for a CM albeit in a lower league. 

Any of the Irish VT contingent know anything about him.

I have seen him play he is very good player and will be one of the best at end season on this division.

the Irish sun paper have already linked him with us. Don't have link at moment but it's online

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

After the forest game I sat and thought have we just spunked another 60mill down the drain??

Apart from Kodja and RM (I'm happy with), I have this awful feeling that we have signed 3 bang average defenders, and injury prone midfielder, a guy that may have just turned the corner towards retirement and a error a minute keeper.

I'm hoping I'm having a little overreaction, but apart from the strikers, have we brought a load of tat?

worried smiley.

Yet somehow they managed to cobble together 27 shots at goal.

**** me, 6 games man. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** me, 6 games man. 

I know what you're saying, and I agree with the sentiment. I do think we will start to win games, hopefully starting tonight, but 27 shots at goal is a terrible stat for me. We've got the most expensive, most proven championship strikers options, they've had 27 shots and scored twice? It's absolutely shocking, every game I've watched or been to, bar Rotherham, I've been tearing my hair out wondering how we can waste so many opportunities 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

I know what you're saying, and I agree with the sentiment. I do think we will start to win games, hopefully starting tonight, but 27 shots at goal is a terrible stat for me. We've got the most expensive, most proven championship strikers options, they've had 27 shots and scored twice? It's absolutely shocking, every game I've watched or been to, bar Rotherham, I've been tearing my hair out wondering how we can waste so many opportunities 

I think we're all a bit nervous and a few wins would settle us down, but at the same time we've had one cleared off the line, hit the bar twice or three times, and guilty of some poor finishing which I'm confident will straighten itself out once the team gels. The mood would be very different if these shots went in. To be honest, I'm much happier that we are creating chances than not. What I would have given to have this complaint 6 months ago.

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have you watched the highlights? They're on AVTV.

Do you mean the Rotherham highlights? I mean I was at the game not tearing my hair out as Gestede was on form and we looked comfortable. Every other game has been difficult to watch at times. 

22 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** me, 6 games man. 

Yep and not finish the game off.

I hope you're mate I really do. Right now I'm seeing a manager looking lost, a pedestrian back 4 and non existent midfield. All that after 50 mill.

• Like 2