Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

There are far worse players than Jedi this season. Him breaking up posession and winning everything in the air prevents far more chances than the odd mistake/time he is caught out of position creates but having such a shit keeper means that anyone who makes a mistake at the back for us is usually punished with a goal

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Really hope the new manager brings a fresh approach and creates a more energetic and youthful side - enough of these aging, unreliable players well past their prime. We need to become a dynamic, attacking team.

Sod experience, sick of the word and it really has no relevance...

He should be playing CDM to help out our backline that has struggled all season. He has proven his worth as a CDM and whilst his distribution can sometimes miss the mark, he has been very solid defensively in that role

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Quite telling that we had 3 games in 6 days and he got 0 minutes. 

Quite telling Swansea had 15 attempts, Norwich had 10 attempts and QPR had 16 attempts. We have allowed 41 shots at our goal in 3 games. That's simply unacceptable, we are wide open all of the time. I think he needs to come back in and I couldn't give two shits if his distribution isn't great.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

Quite telling Swansea had 15 attempts, Norwich had 10 attempts and QPR had 16 attempts. We have allowed 41 shots at our goal in 3 games. That's simply unacceptable, we are wide open all of the time. I think he needs to come back in and I couldn't give two shits if his distribution isn't great.

We haven’t exactly been rock solid with him in the team either have we?

I’d rather adapt without him with a new possession based style, than chuck him back in as a quick fix, which hasn’t really worked in the past either. 

I think he’s had his day here. 

• Like 1

For me the onky way we are going to stop conceding goals is by playing two dms to see out games. The defence is a complete shambles. They are incapable of not conceding a goal therefore you need jedinak at some point to help with the defensive work.

Jedinak is on last year here he won't be kept on and I would agree. He is past his best and we need to start building a side for the future 

23 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

We haven’t exactly been rock solid with him in the team either have we?

I’d rather adapt without him with a new possession based style, than chuck him back in as a quick fix, which hasn’t really worked in the past either. 

I think he’s had his day here. 

To be fair to him Bruce was playing him at centre back. Which we all know he isn't. Smith's possession based style doesn't work. We have had more possession under Smith but as soon as we lose possession we get ripped apart almost at will.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't play with the ball at all, doesn't really have any legs, not a Dean Smith player, he will hardly feature and given his age and expensive wage, I hope he is very much obliged to leave in Jan.

Interestingly, he played most of his time as Australian captain under Postecoglou - who's ethos was high possession and high press. During that time, Jedinak's distribution was never really an issue.

Did he suddenly get the ability to play a telling pass with every won possession when in an Aussie shirt?

Nope!

His fellow midfielders (Mooy/Rogic/Luongo/Irvine) simply moved to an open position to give him an easy out ball.

Smith would be a fool to dismiss his ability and experience purely by the lack of movement around him and rid himself of another option in midfield.

• Like 2

He played and acquitted himself pretty well in the WC during the summer. He's very solid and we have very rarely lost games when he's played in his correct position (there was some ridiculous stat about this at one stage - something like the first game we lost with him in the team was last season. Happy to be corrected on this.). Maybe he doesn't suit the style of play of DS but the way that our defensive block is performing at the moment I wouldn't be against him starting alongside McGinn with McGinn being the legs. 

I think his distribution would also be less of a problem in this team as he would have more outballs as we are now longer as static as Stonehenge when one of our players has the ball. We still have a way to go regarding movement but I've seen improvements. 

• Like 1

Â