Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

He’s unspectacular but at least somewhat effective at DM but at centre half he is a complete liability. One thing is the goals he is directly to blame for but look at how much Chester’s game has deteriorated playing along side him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not being a centre half doesn't excuse his defending against Weimann in the lead up to their goal. He's pathetic and needs to be sold ASAP.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction, he’s more than adequate in midfield in my opinion, we miss him when he’s not in midfield, he adds much needed physical presence 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't wait to re-watch the first goal, his defending against Weimann utterly pathetic, disgusting player.

Pathetic and a disgusting player are not words i’d use to describe him.  He’s simply not a centre half and shouldn’t be asked to play in that position.  He’s a defensive midfielder, nothing more.   

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think this is a bit of an overreaction, he’s more than adequate in midfield in my opinion, we miss him when he’s not in midfield, he adds much needed physical presence 

True, but it’s a physical presence partly necessitated by his own lack of passing ability and mobility, and a presence we wouldn’t need if we were capable of controlling games. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Pathetic and a disgusting player are not words i’d use to describe him.  He’s simply not a centre half and shouldn’t be asked to play in that position.  He’s a defensive midfielder, nothing more.   

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why this excuses his defending in the build up to the goal. Defensive midfielders are supposed to deal with players running at them no? He looked utterly clueless and that had nothing to do with him playing at centre half.

Shockingly limited player, played out of position near the end of his career and with his legs gone.

He must hate every second, knowing he's blatantly exposed at CB.

I imagine (almost) no player will be happier seeing Bruce go than him.

Just now, sne said:

Shockingly limited player, played out of position near the end of his career and with his legs gone.

He must hate every second, knowing he's blatantly exposed at CB.

I imagine (almost) no player will be happier seeing Bruce go than him.

I want both gone, we shouldn't be paying such limited players high salaries. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not being a centre half doesn't excuse his defending against Weimann in the lead up to their goal. He's pathetic and needs to be sold ASAP.

I don’t think anyone is using it as an excuse. 

What sums him up is late on a simple ball over the top from Bristol and he messes it up.

Any player with a bit of composure would have taken a touch then played for safety further up the pitch...what did he do...try and volley it out on the bounce...hits his shin and goes out for throw near the corner.

Poor in any position...these are the sort of players that will not make us progress

Edited by Bazmonkey
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

What sums him up is late on a simple ball over the top from Bristol and he messes it up.

Any player with a bit of composure would have taken a touch then played for safety further up the pitch...what did he do...try and volley it out on the bounce...hits his shin and goes out for throw near the corner.

Poor in any position...these are the sort of players that will not make us progress

That's the thing with Jedi at CB, you are never going to build from the back, be calm in possession and play on the front foot.

Everything that goes at him or over him, he either heads it straight back to the oppo, or launches it into the stands or to their defence.

Saying that, I wouldn't want him to take a touch either, because when he does that or does try and pick and pass  we just end up in more trouble.

Either way, he isn't **** good enough to play that position and I am sick to death of it.

• Like 1

Never really been a fan. 

Whatever position you play, if you train every single day for 20 odd years with professional football coaches you should be able to control a football and pass it to the bloke 10ft away. 

The idea that you can play at a decent level (in any position), because you can head a football confuses me. 

On 29/09/2018 at 20:29, av1 said:

Never really been a fan. 

Whatever position you play, if you train every single day for 20 odd years with professional football coaches you should be able to control a football and pass it to the bloke 10ft away. 

The idea that you can play at a decent level (in any position), because you can head a football confuses me. 

It does surprise me how he got so far in the game with limited distribution. He doesnt have to be Xavi, Pirlo or Westwood with the ball but just retain it a bit more

On 29/09/2018 at 20:29, av1 said:

Never really been a fan. 

Agreed, the type of player that wouldn't last five minutes in most European leagues but is valued in England by a certain type of manager. Usually one who talks shite about physicality and strength and plays God awful football/hoofball.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Retired

From international football...

Good decision.

Apparently Jedi asked Graham Arnold if he could drop back into centre back as he hasn't got the legs to play midfield anymore. Arnold's exact quotes were " Don't be so f***ing moronic."

*that didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â