Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Credit to him I thought he played well tonight. I think he also played well against Reading but then inexplicably let a cross go which required to worldies from Nyland to bail him out. So this is the first game where its been properly error free which is all you can really ask for at this stage. 

I think both he and Tuanzebe are generally a bit worrysome but for different reasons which doesn't help. On balance maybe not a huge amount in it. Personally I think I'd be trying to get Axel up to speed and putting my bet on him but I accept your point. 

Really hope this doesn't cost us too much though. Hopefully it can get us through to Jan at least. 

Bit in bold, that's basically what I said. I think we're on the same page.

Jedinak is the better option right now. But neither is really good enough, so we should probably be giving Axel as much game time as possible and hope he realises some of his potential this season

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Watching it there is no way he way motm. That’s not to say he didn’t do alright back there but Conor and McGinn were a lot better 

MotM is perhaps a bad term. Star player as the ratings are based purely on combined stats. Anything over 8 without goals or assists is crazy and he has 8.0 previous game at DM and 8.3 last game

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

doesnt deserve criticism. He didnt ask to play centre half and regardless of his ability he hasnt complained and got on with it like a pro. Only one clown to blame for it

Absolutely.

Jedinak just another victim to go under the Bruce bus.

Jedi has been solid for us, but to put him in defence is just stupidity.

As for certain posters that argue he is our best CB option with Chester also need a long hard word with themselves.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As I've said before, the fact this guy continues to play at centre half is a shocking indictment of Bruce's managerial ability. He is probably the only person who thinks he can be a good centre half. Bruce has lost the plot.

Well, yes. Jedinak has been around for a long time....

... but has only ever played centre half at Villa.

On 19/09/2018 at 10:06, Stevo985 said:

Bit in bold, that's basically what I said. I think we're on the same page.

Jedinak is the better option right now. But neither is really good enough, so we should probably be giving Axel as much game time as possible and hope he realises some of his potential this season

I really do think that is the very last time we should see the Jedinak experiment.

Edited by carewjust4u

Just now, carewjust4u said:

I quoted you regarding the "Jedinak being the better option for now", I was highlighting his positioning for the second goal to support why that isn't the case.

I'd have to see the second goal again to see why he was out of position.

But regardless, I've always said he isn't good enough so it's no surprise if he's made an error.

I could reply with the goals Tuanzebe has cost us. Or the howlers he made last week (but thankfully got away with)

Neither of them are good enough.

Â