Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Watching the highlights he was once again all over the place.

Constantly looking over his shoulder to see where his teammates in the defense are, and by that losing the guy he's supposed to follow.

Misplaced all the time.

Never pro-active, always reacting.

It just screams of a guy who has no clue of how to play as CB

Both him and Chester seem to be following the same guy from the free kick for the first goal and overall our defending on set pieces looked shocking, again.

• Like 1

I kind of feel sorry for guy. We are giving him pelters because he's shit a CB, but it isn't his fault he is being played out of position. 

You wonder what this does for squad morale. If it was me, I'd be thinking

'look boss you're making me look like a word removed here, I'll do anything i can to help the team but I'm not a CB and I'm getting pelters because you've not addressed the situation'

Now thats all conjecture on my part, but you could certainly understand if he took that view. 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I kind of feel sorry for guy. We are giving him pelters because he's shit a CB, but it isn't his fault he is being played out of position. 

Said the same earlier. Bruce stupidity is leaving Jedinak to take the abuse 

He is trying his best but he is bloody not able to play centre back. Would be like Bruce trying Lansbury in goal(shit dont give him ideas) 

• Like 1

What makes this more incredible is that Bruce knows more about being a centre half than us mongs on the internet.

Yet we can see it’s clearly not working, so what the hell is Bruce seeing? 

• Like 1

Has Jedinak been that bad? Aside from that god awful back pass I think he's been less of a liability than either Tuanzebe or (dare I say it) Chester this season.

In the match threads pretty much every time we've conceded a goal someone's put blame on Jedinak for it when I've been watching the same game and it's been nothing to do with him. Can't remember the game but there was one where Tuanzebe was easily beaten by his man in the air, then the striker got a yard on Chester who wasn't following him before scoring, and 50% of the posts in the match thread were about Jedinak being out of position, it's crazy, seems like he's become a scapegoat for everything wrong with our defence because he's not John Terry

He's not the greatest defender in the world, and I would have loved to see him upgraded but it's really not as simple as "anyone who's naturally a CB would be better", and as far as the Championship goes he's not even that bad! 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, weedman said:

Has Jedinak been that bad? Aside from that god awful back pass I think he's been less of a liability than either Tuanzebe or (dare I say it) Chester this season.

In the match threads pretty much every time we've conceded a goal someone's put blame on Jedinak for it when I've been watching the same game and it's been nothing to do with him. Can't remember the game but there was one where Tuanzebe was easily beaten by his man in the air, then the striker got a yard on Chester who wasn't following him before scoring, and 50% of the posts in the match thread were about Jedinak being out of position, it's crazy, seems like he's become a scapegoat for everything wrong with our defence because he's not John Terry

He's not the greatest defender in the world, and I would have loved to see him upgraded but it's really not as simple as "anyone who's naturally a CB would be better", and as far as the Championship goes he's not even that bad! 

I was thinking this. He definitely made a mistake against Reading where they almost scored bar Nyland making a couple of saves, but aside from that he seems to win absolutely everything in the air and seemed Ok. Not saying he looks spectacular, but he seems more dependable than Elphick did. My main problem is signing Tuanzebe and playing him as a RB—he or another player should have been signed as a CB and one of our abundant RBs should be RB. It's the most mental thing for me and it's the thing that's making me most question the manager. It's all related to Jedinak being CB.

as much as we hate seeing him there I can only imagine how much Jedinak hates being put in this position.

His reputation declines every game he plays there.

And its kind of insulting to those who have spent a career learning the intricacies and nuances of the centre back position , that Bruce thinks it amounts to sticking in a big bloke who can win a few headers

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

And its kind of insulting to those who have spent a career learning the intricacies and nuances of the centre back position , that Bruce thinks it amounts to sticking in a big bloke who can win a few headers

A position Bruce himself has played which makes it more baffling

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he off on International duty?

Because if so, it's not even like we can say "Thank f*ck we have 2 weeks to drill him as a CB".

He will be off playing as a midfielder, as well as training as one.

no games until November apparently

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 06:12, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he off on International duty?

Because if so, it's not even like we can say "Thank f*ck we have 2 weeks to drill him as a CB".

He will be off playing as a midfielder, as well as training as one.

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

no games until November apparently

Yes, but he was away at the Socceroos training camp in Turkey.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 18:27, weedman said:

A breath of fresh air this post. The unwarranted hyperbole about Jedi is mind boggling. Some people Reading game "I think Jedi was one of our better players". Vocal majority "REEEEEEEE!!! We didn't beat Reading. Jedi is shiiiiiiiittttttt!!!"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

A breath of fresh air this post. The unwarranted hyperbole about Jedi is mind boggling.

You must have the wrong thread? I have not noticed anyone stating anything other than the obvious about Jedinak.

But since it's worded as 'hyperbole' I guess we can play along with that.

On 10/09/2018 at 03:26, Kiwivillan said:

A breath of fresh air this post. The unwarranted hyperbole about Jedi is mind boggling. Some people Reading game "I think Jedi was one of our better players". Vocal majority "REEEEEEEE!!! We didn't beat Reading. Jedi is shiiiiiiiittttttt!!!"

Yep, pretty much.

He's not good enough to start as our CB every game. We should have somebody better in there. But he's definitely the scapegoat of the moment.

Stuff like "every time he plays there he's a liability" and "he's all over the place game after game" is just nonsense.
Most of the time he plays there he's fine. He has the odd game where he drops a clanger.

I do agree that it's shite by Bruce to have Jedi as our first choice CB at this stage. But he's not as bad as people are making out.

• Thanks 1

I hope that people memories and views on him aren’t formed this season as a CB. He’s a very very good DM, and has played such an important role there since he came in to the side, he’s not very good at centre back, but he’s not suddenly a poor player, he’s just in the wrong position.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 10:44, Stevo985 said:

Stuff like "every time he plays there he's a liability" and "he's all over the place game after game" is just nonsense.

Don't agree. I think he literally is all over the place as a CB. If you actually watch his positioning, he knows he isn't quick enough, you can see him gambling on intercepting and winning the ball. He often does this with no regards to having safety, so Chester is dragged out of position all the time. So he definately is a liability at CB, and he often is all over the place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't agree. I think he literally is all over the place as a CB. If you actually watch his positioning, he knows he isn't quick enough, you can see him gambling on intercepting and winning the ball. He often does this with no regards to having safety, so Chester is dragged out of position all the time. So he definately is a liability at CB, and he often is all over the place. 

Exactly this!

Â