Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

It's worrying that we don't appear to be linked with any.   Steve is concentrating on the front third of the team, almost going for the "we'll outscore the opposition" tactic. 

• Like 1

Too many players not in comfortable positions at the back still. It's fine when the ball is in front of them but in times of pressure panic starts as it's not naturally ingrained. 

I'm beginning to think think Bruce really fancies jedi as the 2nd cb. In which case the full backs need adressing asap. It's chaos at times atm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Too many players not in comfortable positions at the back still. It's fine when the ball is in front of them but in times of pressure panic starts as it's not naturally ingrained. 

I'm beginning to think think Bruce really fancies jedi as the 2nd cb. In which case the full backs need adressing asap. It's chaos at times atm.

Bruce has confirmed this last night - Jedi will be CB this season. Huge gamble IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dubbs said:

It's worrying that we don't appear to be linked with any.   Steve is concentrating on the front third of the team, almost going for the "we'll outscore the opposition" tactic. 

**** me ..........damned if he does and damned if he doesn't......funnily enough, I do actually agree with you.....it just seems a funny post, flying in the face of most comments on here.

Well that is contrary to thousands of posts on here of him being cautiously defensive.

13 minutes ago, eholm said:

Bruce has confirmed this last night - Jedi will be CB this season. Huge gamble IMO.

If this is so he needs to realise that he can't play tuanzebe too. Needs to make a decision. 

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

**** me ..........damned if he does and damned if he doesn't......funnily enough, I do actually agree with you.....it just seems a funny post, flying in the face of most comments on here.

Well that is contrary to thousands of posts on here of him being cautiously defensive.

He is still (extremely) cautious defensively. We still employ a defensive midfielder home and away, irrespective of opposition... if you've not noticed. I'm not saying he's wrong in doing so, but it has consequences... mainly in how we're able to press the opposition. Last night was better, and hopefully a sign of things to come. 

However Jedi isn't the centerback you are looking for.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It wasn't actually a criticism of SB. Just my opinion of how he appears to be planning for the team to play.  As it's alreadybeen mentioned some of our defending recently has been comical so if Jedinak is going to be playing CB long term there needs to be a hell of a lot of work done in training to galvanize them into a defensive unit.

• Like 1

If he wasn't such a bombscare he would actually be decent no nonsense defender in this league. There probably wouldn't be a better defender aerially, it's a joy to watch when he steps out and clears out everything with his head...but there are those brief occasions where he steps too far out and we are wide open or he over commits in a tackle and we are wide open. The small margins cost him and cost us. That's the life of a defender, you can be great for 89 minutes and still get pelters.

I hope he learns fast because Bruce is going all in by the looks of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eholm said:

Well, I think he said Jedinak will be A centreback. Not necessarily THE centreback.

Although happy to be corrected.

Â