Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Jurno's on SS1 Sunday Supplement talking like its a done deal. 

Apparently the player threw his shirt into the crowd at the end of yesterdays game with prolonged wave and clap upon leaving the field.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Jurno's on SS1 Sunday Supplement talking like its a done deal. 

Apparently the player threw his shirt into the crowd at the end of yesterdays game with prolonged wave and clap upon leaving the field.

I think he's an excellent player, he'll add some much needed height to our midfield, should the move go ahead

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do they even need him though? If this is true its obvious weakening tactics, especially after their start.

Well Newcastle are in a worse state than us right now they lack leadership in the middle just like us, and they're stuck in a rut right now. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for a play like Jedinak 

13 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Just some idiot fishing for reactions, nothing in it.

I hope so!!

if he helps us get promoted then he's worth it! He may not have the legs to possibly play a full season in the premier league but i'm sure his nous and experience will be vital for us. 

I had to take a moment to stop and admire the magnificent beard whilst reading the links to him. 

I feel a Mile Jedinak Beard Appreciation thread is required. 

On to playing matters, I believe he'll be a cracking addition even if for the next 2 seasons. A true pro who'll add grit and leadership in the middle of the park. You know exactly what you're getting with MJ (that's Jedinak, not Jackson...). Shamone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is nobody else concerned that 3 out of every 10 of his passes go to the opposition? Or am I alone in worrying about that?

A little yeah, but we're so desperate for a bit of experience and leadership in midfield it completely outweighs the negatives of his passing. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is nobody else concerned that 3 out of every 10 of his passes go to the opposition? Or am I alone in worrying about that?

At prem level.

Will be much better at championship level I'm sure.

It's all about balance really, Westwood dosen't give the ball away an awful lot...but he's very mediocre at most other aspects of midfield player.

It's a bit like NRC in with Stan and Barry...those two were excellent passer while NRC could barely hit on accurately past 5 yards but NRC could press and close down opposition better than the other two.

If Percy is saying it now it's as good as done, he was spot on with most of our transfers last summer.

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

if he helps us get promoted then he's worth it! He may not have the legs to possibly play a full season in the premier league but i'm sure his nous and experience will be vital for us. 

Thing is for me...yes if we go up we'll need more additions but likes of Jedinak, Chester, Elphick etc would be good squad players at least if we further strengthened which to me is better than going out and blowing 25m like we've done in the past on Sidwell, Shorey, Harewood, Davies etc who bench warm on big wages and we then spend years trying to get rid of them.

• Like 1

Our midfield is still powderpuff and lacking in experience at this level. I'll be thrilled if this signing goes through, wanted Jedinak for a long time, even when we were in the Premier League. He is getting on a bit now, and might not have what it takes to be a starter when we get promoted but that is something to worry about if that was to even happen. At the moment we are a Championship team and he is an excellent experienced Championship midfielder, and a dominant dressing room figure.

As others have mentioned that will be 3 leaders right through the spine of the team, (Elphick, Jedinak, McCormack), which gives me great confidence that this team will do well this season.

Â