Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I just don’t get it. The last time he played there he was a liability, every time he plays CD he’s a liability. What on earth am I missing that Bruce see’s. The only possible reason for playing him in this role is because he can head a ball. But my goodness his passing was shocking all game. The pace and strength of pass put team mates in trouble on a number of occasions and of course led to the goal. He was well off the pace in a number of areas today. Goodness knows what Elphick must think he’s done to get this lump play ahead of him.

i just don’t get it!

That's it in a nutsell ,Bruce somehow thinks behind able to head it well is good enough to play cb ..He was woeful , he is not mobile enough for the role and his passing is shocking most of the time 

We got away with it today we won't always get lucky ,don't wana see him at CB again 

• Like 2

He will be needed for the harder, bigger games to control midfield and aid defence but we have very capable CBs now in Tuanzebe and Chester who should be played there and Elphick hasn't done anything as bad as Jedinak does every game 

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I just don’t get it. The last time he played there he was a liability, every time he plays CD he’s a liability. What on earth am I missing that Bruce see’s. The only possible reason for playing him in this role is because he can head a ball. But my goodness his passing was shocking all game. The pace and strength of pass put team mates in trouble on a number of occasions and of course led to the goal. He was well off the pace in a number of areas today. Goodness knows what Elphick must think he’s done to get this lump play ahead of him.

i just don’t get it!

Actually the last time he played there we got 3 clean sheets in a row against Cardiff Leeds and Ipswich. I don’t like seeing him there but he is still better than Elphick. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I thought he’d make a more than adequate fourth choice CB but worryingly he seems to be first choice. Played like he had a 10kg weight in each boot. Really hope we don’t see him there again. The guy is a colossus in CM he knows the role and wins us games in the position. Let him do that. 

Terry showed you don’t have to have pace to play CB in this league but you have to make up for that with years of knowing where to be and how to position your body. Jedi doesn’t have that and it’s too late and too important to be learning on the job. 

Have to admit I was sure he could play there. He has done well in the past but looks like that may have been down to the opposition not taking advantage. He just can’t deal with passing under pressure without the safety net behind him.

Needs to be used as protection for the back four only when the game requires it, now. Hopefully a centre back loan is on the cards as we look short.

Edited by a m ole

Really hope some Turkish, Greek, Saudi or whatever club comes in for him before the window closes.

£50 k/w and he can barely move or do the basics in football.

I get the basic idea in moving him to CB. He hasn't got the legs to play in midfield 2 games per week anymore and he's really good with his head.

But he's not used to the position, not having someone behind as cover, the positioning or the understanding of working with a CB partner.

All the things Terry had that made him work even thou his legs were gone last season.

Jedi lacks them all, he can head the ball, that's it.

• Like 1

He's a DM. He's always been a DM. He's never played CB until he came to Villa.

He was never quick, but even slower now. His distribution was never great, but worse now.

He has a role to play still.....

... but never as a CB.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

i just don’t get it!

It just demonstrates a complete like of thinking from Bruce, Jedinak has never looked good there for us, Tunazebe is a very good prospect who played centre half for United all pre-season and we have players who can obviously play at right back/wing back. 

Bruce just doesn't have a clear idea of what he wants, despite having well over a season and a half here and two preseasons. He also demonstrates time and time again that he cannot learn from his past mistakes. He's simply clueless.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Really hope some Turkish, Greek, Saudi or whatever club comes in for him before the window closes.

£50 k/w and he can barely move or do the basics in football.

I get the basic idea in moving him to CB. He hasn't got the legs to play in midfield 2 games per week anymore and he's really good with his head.

But he's not used to the position, not having someone behind as cover, the positioning or the understanding of working with a CB partner.

All the things Terry had that made him work even thou his legs were gone last season.

Jedi lacks them all, he can head the ball, that's it.

This is absolutely correct. Whilst I think he has been, overall, a pretty decent player for us, he is approaching his mid 30s and on an expensive contract. Simply put, players like this should not be at our football club, and whenever he does play for us it almost certainly means we won't be playing the sort of football that we should in midfield, which is possession based with a high press. We absolutely have to get rid of him, he has no place here in any reasonable plan.

• Like 2

There was a moment in the second half on the left hand side when he tried a simple straight pass down the line with his instep and curled it out of play.  Very little that he does with the ball at his feet is technically secure. Whatever else he is (athlete, competitor), if you cannot control and pass a ball properly, you are not a footballer.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Actually the last time he played there we got 3 clean sheets in a row against Cardiff Leeds and Ipswich. I don’t like seeing him there but he is still better than Elphick. 

He isn't. If elphick did what jedinak did against Sheffield United at VP last season he'd get absolutely hammered here. That was the worse performance in my living memory of any player playing centre defence in a villa shirt. I don't rate him, full stop. His main asset is breaking up play, being a stopper essentially. The rest of his game is shocking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He isn't. If elphick did what jedinak did against Sheffield United at VP last season he'd get absolutely hammered here. That was the worse performance in my living memory of any player playing centre defence in a villa shirt. I don't rate him, full stop. His main asset is breaking up play, being a stopper essentially. The rest of his game is shocking. 

You say that as if Jedinak didn’t get absolutely hammered on here. 

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Wasn't as bad as any time Richards has played for us. 

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

There was a moment in the second half on the left hand side when he tried a simple straight pass down the line with his instep and curled it out of play.  Very little that he does with the ball at his feet is technically secure. Whatever else he is (athlete, competitor), if you cannot control and pass a ball properly, you are not a footballer.

This person, who you outright state is 'not a footballer', just captained his country at a World Cup, which seems a weird thing to happen to someone who is 'not a footballer'. 

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This person, who you outright state is 'not a footballer', just captained his country at a World Cup, which seems a weird thing to happen to someone who is 'not a footballer'. 

Lots of things I can’t explain unfortunately.  I mean, didn’t Carlton Palmer play for England?

I say what I see and acknowledge that not everyone sees things the same way.

Â