Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does anyone know the amount that has been bid for Jedinak?

We don't even know which club if any have actually made any bid. If someone from somewhere has I would guess the offer is around twelvty. ;)

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

He signed a new deal in the past 18 months or so from memory

A lot changes in 18 months. In that period he has been constantly injured and nowhere near the first team.

As for Jedinak, if someone is taking his wages off is then that can only be seen as a good thing. He’s not fit enough to play the whole season.

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As for Jedinak, if someone is taking his wages off is then that can only be seen as a good thing. He’s not fit enough to play the whole season.

I can do without other teams doing "good things" like this for us. Signing him will make us weaker and them stronger so they had better be offering us some money for him as well as taking his wages or some of his wages off the payroll..

11 minutes ago, John said:

I can do without other teams doing "good things" like this for us. Signing him will make us weaker and them stronger so they had better be offering us some money for him as well as taking his wages or some of his wages off the payroll..

Well that isn't going to happen. This is business, and he is a soon to be 34 year old with miles on the clock.

A deal that sees a  little money coming in and frees up a decent wage is good business at this moment in time.

Jedinak has done well for us and I'd wish him well, earning one last pay-off before retirement.

IMO, SB would've used him more at CB this season too - so another good reason to let him go. 

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well that isn't going to happen. This is business, and he is a soon to be 34 year old with miles on the clock.

Plus he hasnt retired from international football which is hectic enough for 25 year old going australia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I know it's unlikely but I can't help not being happy about it.:(

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Is Jedi going to be our permanent new CB? 

It's a move that makes sense I think. 

But any time the ball is at his feet, I'll feel uneasy.

He's 34 wins headers and can't run. He did ok today I thought. Passing was pretty dreadful, but then it's Jedinak. I don't mind him tinkering in friendlies but I think watching today showed we shouldn't be planning on him and Whelan playing in the same side too much. And simple truth is Jedinak is better at what Whelan does than Whelan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He's a rubbish CB. Why does Bruce keep trying to force this? 

Well i wonder how many dropped points it's going to take him to realise this.

He could just watch a rerun of the Sheffield United game last season.

Edited by AshVilla

Watching Jedi attempt to pass between the lines is, well, it's an experience.
I am not sure whether it's the total lack of technique, or the fact he telegraphs what pass he is going to make a week before his legs actually process and perform the animation but it's scary.

• Like 2

I said earlier in the thread that he is one I would let go if we received an offer. I don’t think he plays enough games to be value for money. I don’t think his body can hack the amount of games in his favoured DM role. I can see the logic behind trying to convert him to CB, but I would sell if possible and use the wages saved on a proper CB to fill that position.

• Like 1

i complete agreed with people who say jedinak is face tough challenge to play DM as his age and his pace, and fit is down not same before convert to Centre half is right move for him if he want carry on football.. if he cant play in this roles ... best option is him is retired unfortune... 

I think he should do that developed at not at this club and will waste our wage, yet i would happy let him villa if he play part time in DM roles, rather week in week out.. if bruce want him play at Centre half so i think he should be sold him to other club and save wage bill to centre half young and capacity play first team in championship and premiership (bottom 10) with huge potenital and cheap that what we should go look at it.  

i been mention about whelden in other forum i moan about him and why he there at villa, so should rid him too... even jedinik better that him in CM and DM roles.

i wonder why not play suiliman or bedeadu rather him to encourage to developed fast in this good chance.. 

that why i get annoy with bruce about his selection and tactical, play very risk with experience and out of position rather young and play at right position by tradecraft.

• Like 1

Â