Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We need to ease Suliman in. Give him occasional minutes at left back then start him for cups matches. 

He’s predominantly a centre back who can fill in at right back and occasionally in midfield

I see Lyden being mentioned. He must be about 25 at this stage he has been around first team a long time without getting game time. He played Premier League games if I recall or was on bench at least

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see Lyden being mentioned. He must be about 25 at this stage he has been around first team a long time without getting game time. He played Premier League games if I recall or was on bench at least

Lyden is 22. Hopefully he can have an injury free run and make his mark this season.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Strong rumours Jedinak has agreed terms with a new club. If true I wish him well but at 34 I think its best he is one of the sacrifices as he is on high wages as well.

No smoke without fire I suppose, but this quote is from HITC and we all know that if it's them it's bullshit

26 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

No smoke without fire I suppose, but this quote is from HITC and we all know that if it's them it's bullshit

Mail covering it as well now.

They confirm jedinak is one of our highest earners. If rather he left than chester

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Has been a good player for us, gave his all, and he seems like an honourable man.

2 years of £50k a week at your stage of career was more than generous on our part, you done good. Please go.

If £50k/wk is true then, yeah, he probably needs to go.  Good luck, Mile.

• Like 1

Has there been an actual bid for him yet or are we just looking to get all of the high earners off the books because we can't afford to pay them? I would be sorry to see him go because I was hoping he would be able to lead what we have left by example (as captain if and when Chester goes). We won't have much left to put on the pitch if our players all make for the exit. :(

• Like 1

Never been a fan of him and now that he is yet another season older it would be good business by the club to ship him out even if there's no fee involved just to save on his wages.

I hope Whelan goes the same way?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Big wages, outside the top European leagues?  I smell a Turkey

For the love of Zeus keep him away from Vassell's book.  "No Mile, you'll have a great time there."

Come to think of it, Jedi does have the demeanour of someone who would happily hunt live sheep for sustenance, maybe the obligatory welcome-sacrifices won't phase him.

I said earlier in the thread that if he could be moved on it would probably be for the best. I can't fault his character within the squad, he has been useful in the turnaround from our losing attitude. However, He hasn't played enough games for us to be good value for money, and with our wage budget needing slashing he is one I would move on if possible.

• Like 1

As stated already. Been a great guy for us and scored us some real valuble goals last season.

Will be sorry to see him go,but with his legs going, 34, high wages, and we can get a few mill for him then it's great business all round.

A massive thank you to Mile and all the best wherever you go next.

"Good on you Mile" :thumb:

• Like 4

Â