Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

On 26/06/2018 at 23:26, rodders0223 said:

If he is to remain then it is time to hang up the international boots, he is paid more than well enough for us to be his sole focus now.

With the Asian Cup coming up in January I'm inclined to agree. He'd be gone for a month or so with no international breaks during a very busy time of year.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me Doyle-Hayes is better than Lyden.

I don't think we need to worry too much about that anyway, I think Jedinak will play more of his football as a centreback in the coming season. 

I think Doyle-Hayes is better than Lyden too, Lyden is at an age where he needs first team football now and I don’t think he’ll get it here.

I hope we don’t see Jedinak as a centre back as it’s not his natural position but it probably will happen unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I hope we don’t see Jedinak as a centre back as it’s not his natural position but it probably will happen unfortunately.

Unless Elphick or Chester are able to play 50 games each this season, I think it's inevitable.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think he's ready. I hope I'm wrong.

I think it will be either sink or swim for a handful of our youngsters next season including Sulliman. He will be 21 in a few months so is now at an age where he needs game time.

I expect him, O'Hare, Davis, Green and RHM to figure heavily next season. Many of us have been saying they need to be given a chance and now circumstance seems like it will dictate they do. Time for them to grasp it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I think it will be either sink or swim for a handful of our youngsters next season including Sulliman. He will be 21 in a few months so is now at an age where he needs game time.

I expect him, O'Hare, Davis, Green and RHM to figure heavily next season. Many of us have been saying they need to be given a chance and now circumstance seems like it will dictate they do. Time for them to grasp it.

Agreed

I think Davis, RHM and Green will feature - especially if we can find a buyer for Hogan or Kodjia, helpfully O'Hare can make a full recovery form his injury and contribute - Doyle-Hayes might come through - but I don't think either Suliman or Bedeau will be ready this season.

I can see Jedinak playing 30 games at centreback this season.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Davis, RHM and Green will feature - especially if we can find a buyer for Hogan or Kodjia, helpfully O'Hare can make a full recovery form his injury and contribute - Doyle-Hayes might come through - but I don't think either Suliman or Bedeau will be ready this season.

With the way things are I would be ok with Jedinak playing in defense, we could do a great deal worse.  We will need cover though as I think 30 games is very much at the top  end of the number of games he will be physically capable of over a season.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Depending on how things go, he might be vital, if we revert back to total shite football and need wondergoals and moments of magic.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

very much hope we keep Kodija as he could be vital for goals next season.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Suliman is nowhere near ready, he would get absolutely wrecked next season coming up against season professionals. He would be ruined. Looks like he would lose a fifty fifty with my Gran.

haven't seen him play that much tbh, but at 21 you'd think he'd at least be capable of learning the hard way. 

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

haven't seen him play that much tbh, but at 21 you'd think he'd at least be capable of learning the hard way. 

He just doesn't look physically big enough. Mentally he might be ready but I can see him being bullied if he's thrown into the first team.

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We need to ease Suliman in. Give him occasional minutes at left back then start him for cups matches. 

Give him minutes out of his natural position? Surely that's a terrible idea?

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Give him minutes out of his natural position? Surely that's a terrible idea?

He is left footed and that is about the only spot I see him getting a chance in. We did it to Clark, and Baker when they came through the ranks. 

Â