Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, turnbull said:

So who was the last Villa player to score in the WC finals before Jedi?

David :D

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, turnbull said:

So who was the last Villa player to score in the WC finals before Jedi?

Was having this conversation on Twitter. Believe it was Houghton in 94?

• Like 1

On 18/06/2018 at 02:56, Hornso said:

Was having this conversation on Twitter. Believe it was Houghton in 94?

There's only ever been 4 I think.

McParland 1958 (Northern Ireland)
Platt 1990 (England)
Houghton 1994 (Republic of Ireland)
Jedinak 2018 (Australia)

12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Another 500k on his price tag.

Well he has half the amount of goals as Ronaldo so far in this WC, so he should be about half the cost of Ronaldo I suppose. That is how it works isn't it? ?

• Like 1

As suggested.

I'm beginning to wonder if we could do with putting him at CB full time.

Yes, obviously know he is not a seasoned or trained CB, however has the potential.

Give him game time their and special conversion training as he has the attributes, saves us money as well as replacing some of the Leadership Terry had.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As suggested.

I'm beginning to wonder if we could do with putting him at CB full time.

Yes, obviously know he is not a seasoned or trained CB, however has the potential.

Give him game time their and special conversion training as he has the attributes, saves us money as well as replacing some of the Leadership Terry had.

Bruce said as much last season, that he wanted him to convert to CB to prolong his career. He is a great leader and character to have in the team, so if he can make the transition it would help us next season to fill a spot in the squad.

However, for me he needs to play a higher percentage of games than he has managed so far in his career here to be value for his weekly wage. And only because of our financial situation If someone were to offer a deal for him, I would let him go.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 more than Neymar so I would expect get at least 400 million for him

Yep I prefer your method of calculation, We will go with that. ?

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Tbh, even with his infinite more goals in the cup than Messi, I'd be willing to do Barce a favour and call it a straight swap.

Not sure they could afford his wages.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

11th goal scored at a World Cup by a Villa player that. And Jedinak just pushed Houghton into 4th on this list too

5 - 1958 - McParland
3 - 1990 - Platt
2 - 2018 - Jedinak
1 - 1994 - Houghton

jedi scored a penalty in the 2014 wc against holland so hes level with platt on 3

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

jedi scored a penalty in the 2014 wc against holland so hes level with platt on 3

But he wasn't a Villa player back then.

Not sure that's how that list works thou?

Yeah sorry I've been messing about in the history thread with Villa players at the World Cup. That list is just the 4 players who have scored at a world cup while contracted to AVFC. And the amount of goals they scored. Maybe I should have said!

Anyway the fact that before him there were only 3 names on the list and 80odd years of World Cups just shows it's quite an achievement. And we should be pretty proud of him. Regardless of where we are (or whether we are I suppose!) in the league.

Well done Mile :hooray:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â