Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No idea what Smith was thinking sticking jedinak up front. Surely lansbury would have been a better option. 

I understand why he brought Jedinak on. Our only chance to score would have been from a set piece, and Jedinak has much better aerial presence. What I don't understand is why Jedinak went up front and not Adomah. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I understand why he brought Jedinak on. Our only chance to score would have been from a set piece, and Jedinak has much better aerial presence. What I don't understand is why Jedinak went up front and not Adomah. 

Same or even lansbury 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Mile goes out for an afternoon stroll.

Well funny watching him chug from side to side.

I dont think he ever ran so much playing in DM. As said fair play he didnt make it easy for the Leeds defenders

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jedi offers more pace to stretch teams.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No idea what Smith was thinking sticking jedinak up front. Surely lansbury would have been a better option. 

We were down to 10 men so scoring was probably not likely to happen anyway. It was a fiery atmosphere, so we put on a physical presence.....

... one look at Jedinak closing them down and their backs are only thinking about playing safely, not trying to take him on and then push up with the 1 man advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

Just knew he was going to score his pen didn’t you? Actually think he could have done a job for us today. Desperately needed someone who can break up play and add height to set pieces. Hindsight and all that but genuinely don’t think we would have been any worse with him in there.

Given how bad DS in game management was tonight I was fully expecting him to leave Jedinak as unused sub and be unaware how good his penalty record is.

Thankfully he did the right thing. Probably the best penalty taker in the squad which is remarkable given his lack of general technique. Well done Mile anyway.

Â