Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

He did the job for us last night. One thing you will always get from Mile is everything he has and last night that was enough. 

When he came on I had that feeling which I haven't had since Nyland got injured that a goal could go in at any time. 

Mile as a CB is great if the ball is in front of him and preferably in the air. Most of the time last night that was the case. If its down the sides or he gets dragged out of position which actually happened several times last night he struggles. I think Bristol will be much more focused on the latter than Rotherham so I'm really hoping Hause is fit. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looks like he will be playing at cb tomorrow

I worry with the pace and Movement of Weimann.

someone needs to be dedicated in picking him up.

I have to say, Jedi was magnificent today.  Not a worry in the world. Barely kicked a ball for months and played a whole game in his dreaded centre back position against a very good team who were in form and was just great. 

Must have used those Jedi mind tricks 'These are not the goals you are looking for"

star wars These aren't the droids we're looking for. GIF

• Like 3

I was a little worried with him at CB so fair play Mile, very much in control today. It's a nice mixture him and Tuanzebe, Jedinak wins everything in the air while Tuanzebe is more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Great performance. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of people accept that Jedinak can play at centre back when called upon (such as having four first team defenders unavailable for selection).

It was the thought of him being one of two first choice central defenders for the entire season people were unhappy with.

Glad he’s had a good game, his professionalism has never been a cause for concern.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So underrated by Villa fans. It makes me sad.

Had a few ropey games at centre back in a shit side under a shit manager and he's for the bin. Obviously not first choice anymore, but come the 83rd minute on May 27th when we're 3-2 up but under the cosh and unable to get a grip on the ball, who else do you want in the box eating souls as the crosses reign in?

I think many a players game can look suspect in a iffy side.....only when a coherent format is achieved can you truly appraise them....Jed was a real asset in the air yesterday, bit slow on the ground, but when whelan plays the "Pick pocket" and picks up all the "loose change" with his reading of the game...Jed looks more at home.

I think the more Co-Ordinated approach from Den and the coaches has helped Achieve that.

19 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think a lot of people accept that Jedinak can play at centre back when called upon (such as having four first team defenders unavailable for selection).

It was the thought of him being one of two first choice central defenders for the entire season people were unhappy with.

Glad he’s had a good game, his professionalism has never been a cause for concern.

Exactly this. His always been fine in that position. Just never a first choice like Agent Bruce tried to make him.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent game today from the big man, a warrior defensively after a few early shaky moments and kept the passing simple but generally accurate.

He's slotted in very admirably when needed lately, very impressive considing his lack of football, well done Mile. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Perfect opposition for him to play against. Did very well. Lasered some 50 yard diagonals to El Ghazi which I didn't think he had in his locker. 

There is a myth that Mile can't pass, like most myths it isn't true. I will admit he isn't the best Tika Taka short passer, but if you go back through his career highlights, he has always had delightful long range passing.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â