Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Has been disappointing, but I'm confident he'll come good.

For the national team he normally plays very deep with two playmakers in front of him in Luongo and Mooy. I think that's really what is needed for him to be effective. 

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know it's still early days, but I think he's the most disappointing signing I can remember. 

Nothing trumps Stan Collymore in this respect (for me), I was like 6 years old at the time but can still remember the sheer disappointment. 

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nothing trumps Stan Collymore in this respect (for me), I was like 6 years old at the time but can still remember the sheer disappointment. 

I loved the Stan Collymore signing, shame he had issues.

I think for me it's Lucas Nilic or Bosko Balaban, or soulifou! 

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know it's still early days, but I think he's the most disappointing signing I can remember. 

Really?

4m for an ageing cm who couldn't get into a poor premiership team.

Collymore, balaban, ginola, nzogbia, even players like veretout.

I remember being buzzing about fabio ferraresi just because he was Italian and young. :crylaugh:

Again, I say it 'don't ignore what is staring you in the face'

The clues were there that jedinak was really not going to be all that. Not sure him being this piss poor was expected but I certainly didn't expect anything special.

With all the talk about racism after Brexit, something I've heard more since is instances of beardism. This may be tongue in cheek and a bit of a Monday morning, why-can't-we-just-win-a-game-sometime post but there have been a few dissenting voices against this beard. There were no dissenting voices about beards in the past! Maybe it's time to get onto the papers...

Anyway, Jedinak should maybe be the last of our midfielders picked as things stand, imo. I don't mind the beard though.  

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I was under the impression jedinak was a warrior on the pitch, shouting at players a leader. he couldn't even lead the blind. biggest flop of the summer. please tell me we didnt give him a long contract?

3 year, a reported £55k/w.

But that's just from something I read when we signed him, not sure it's accurate.

1 minute ago, sne said:

3 year, a reported £55k/w.

But that's just from something I read when we signed him, not sure it's accurate.

You cannot be serious 55k a week for this 32 year old lump??? Do we never learn about wasting money :bang: (if true of course)

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

there have been a few dissenting voices against this beard. There were no dissenting voices in the past. 

Fwiw, I've always thought they look shit and never quite understand the extra loving they seem to generate from football fans.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You cannot be serious 55k a week for this 32 year old lump??? Do we never learn about wasting money :bang: (if true of course)

Again, if it is true, but would be another reason I'm not bowled over by xia's running of the club.

Â