Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Rotherham

limpid

Cant really fault anyone out there today. Chester had a strong game, didn't like the sulking from Ayew, but other than that, it was a very good performance from us.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Jack's goal was awesome. So happy for him. 

He very nearly suffered from the usual Jack-ness of taking too many touches when smashing it will do. Very happy for the lad though :)

• Like 1

Just back. Terrific atmosphere. Tony came onto the pitch like a rock star and was sung about all game. The new players looked good. After a shaky start everybody seemed to settle down and grow in confidence. Tshibola started to find his feet a bit - still a bit raw but some very good work at times. Gestede - what happened to him? He was excellent, two cracking goals and some top notch defending at set pieces.

And the there was Jack - once we got the lead he seemed to suddenly be let off the leash and was leading the line for us at times. He made some brilliant attacking runs, was a pest, passed backwards much less than we were used to. His shooting is still pretty terrible, but his goal was fantastic (even though I though he was going to bypass the goal entirely without shooting). A much improved performance.

Yes, it was Rotherham. But we needed a good win, especially after the Luton shambles. And our new defence definitely provided a basis for us to build on.

Fingers crossed this is a turning point for us.

• Like 1

I should probably put this in the IT thread really,  I am sure Limpid can help but my phone seems to be broken. . The screen keeps showing Aston Villa 3.  Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I should probably put this in the IT thread really,  I am sure Limpid can help but my phone seems to be broken. . The screen keeps showing Aston Villa 3.  Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong? 

It's the Xia Virus ..... you need to get AV Free or the even more impressive AV Free - Rotherham Nil !!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

mine has a different virus it says Rotheram 0 

Â