James Chester

KJT123

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Is he available for Rotherham game?

Keith Wyness (lol) apparently tweeted that we made it with minutes to spare. Shame on Baker really if Chester starts, as he's played ok so far, but the less of the squad of losers in the line up the better. So I'd be more than happy with an Elphick Chester centre back pairing.

Edited by alreadyexists

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Keith Wyness (lol) apparently tweeted that we made it with minutes to spare. Shame on Baker really if Chester starts, as he's played ok so far, but the less of the squad of losers in the line up the better. So I'd be more than happy with an Elphick Chester centre back pairing.

Sorry but I have little or no sympathy for Baker- by and large he Has been pretty dire for us IMO  and will be happy for Chester to take his place.

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sorry but I have little or no sympathy for Baker- by and large he Has been pretty dire for us IMO  and will be happy for Chester to take his place.

I know what you mean, hence why I said I'd still be happy if he was replaced by Chester. Baker tries hard, and in certain pairings (with Vlaar and I think with Senderos) he's been ok... But yeah, he's not great. Hopefully Chester and Elphick will be a much better partnership.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I know what you mean, hence why I said I'd still be happy if he was replaced by Chester. Baker tries hard, and in certain pairings (with Vlaar and I think with Senderos) he's been ok... But yeah, he's not great. Hopefully Chester and Elphick will be a much better partnership.

Agreed and I do acknowledge that Baker does try hard- I would never criticise him for this. Good squad player at this level I would suggest.?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Agreed and I do acknowledge that Baker does try hard- I would never criticise him for this. Good squad player at this level I would suggest.?

I agree. I gather he did OK on loan at Bristol last year, so would have no problems with him in the squad.

Pleased with the Chester deal.

I think Baker is decent, but this signing must be a first team player which puts Baker and Okore as squad players. So much better than we had 3 weeks ago. Very happy with this. Now we need a RB......

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Baker is injured since he came off other night and the speed in which the Chester deal was done just seems convenient. Xia didnt want see Richards or Okore play again ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Baker is injured since he came off other night and the speed in which the Chester deal was done just seems convenient. Xia didnt want see Richards or Okore play again ;)

With Baker injured I'll be absolutely amazed if Chester doesn't start tomorrow 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Update on this, BBC are reporting that it went through too late for Chester to play tomorrow:

BBC Sport

21 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Reckon (hope) Wyness is right and BBC have it wrong.

It would be just like the villa if the media were more "itk" than one of our own directors. 

A decent lineup. Good to see that di matteo has copped early doors how utterly useless Hutton is though Bacuna wouldn't fill ya with confidence. Green can't complain, as an 18 year old he's only going to fleeting opportunities to show he should start. Wednesday was a chance. He didn't take it that time unfortunately. Never happen to see Westwood start but again Gardner isn't great. Be hoping by the time we kick off at the iPro next Saturday evening we'll have an even different look.

Â