James Chester

KJT123

I'll fondly remember his as being a good defender and a great character. We had rotten apples in our team for years but people like Chester were part of the revolution which got rid of them and turned Villa around. 

• Like 4

Cut from a different cloth. A throwback. Not your Mings giving it large to others but then messing up himself. He rarely said much, wasn't vocal but he went out and played. Very well. My only regret is we didn't get him when he was at United.

• Like 1

I though he had left last year on a free, had no idea he was still our player. 

Best wishes Chezzy, you went beyond duty for us and deserve the best. 

Edited by sidcow

He has every right to be considered a Villa legend on the same level as Martin Laursen. Played through the pain barrier and gave his all to the club. The best signing we made in “the Dark Period”. 

Wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Gave it all for this club. Wasn’t he out only fit senior defender at one point? Played through the pain. 

Bruce and his mismanagement took years off his career since he wasnt even fit at the time but Bruce got rid of Elphick with Terry and Samba also leaving that summer

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Best of luck chesty. 

spacer.png

Obviously not the kind of chest this post deserves 😕

Edited by rjw63

good pro for us, but is he leaving due to injury or just out of contract? played 65 games for stoke since 2020, will probably get another deal elsewhere. Was a real rock for us in the championship during a tough time and surprised, looking back, that he made almost 120 appearances for us and scored 12 goals. underrated CB

Â