James Chester

KJT123

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Good luck and thanks Chezzy. 

Our best player in the championship years. Just the signing we needed when we went down. Wasn’t the most vocal leader on the pitch, but must have been behind the scenes as everyone looks up to him. It’s a shame the third season he had to go through what he did.

Wish him well for his future endeavours 

I think how we seen Chester on the pitch and in interviews is how he probably is all the time. He got respect i reckon by how he played himself. Just did it, not one for giving it large.

• Like 1

It feels a bit risky to let him go, if we continue to play three at the back we are only one injury or suspension away from not having any cover at all. I guess we have a recall clause so we can call him back if we need. Otherwise it would be irresponsible.

All the best to Chester, will miss him much, such a role model and top top professional. We need people like him in the dressing room. But of course he needs to play, we owe him this for all he has done for us. One of favourite Villa defenders.

Love Chezzy, he's been a quality player for us and what's more sacrificed who knows how much of his career to play when Bruce's sheer negligence meant he felt he had to. I'd love for us to keep him in whatever capacity, be it as a player or his post-playing career, but if he wants to play first team football that should be respected as it's probably the least we owe him...BUT doing so without a replacement in some shape lined up seems worryingly careless on our part. If we're playing a back 3 then 4 first team centre halves is pushing it a bit, here's hoping it doesn't bite us on the arse but this is Villa so I look forward to Lansbury having to deputise there at some point.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I cannot fathom this deal if there isn't a recall in our favour should we need him. There must be. 

He has not played a single minute in the league this season. Clearly Engels isn't ostracized. We'll be going back to 433 when McGinn back most likely

For me he should always have a place at villa. And if we stay up we should offer him one big pay day for 1 season. 80k a week or something. He sacrificed probably 3 years of top championship, bottom prem football it is the least we can do. 

Â