James Chester

KJT123

Good luck to the lad, was our leader and stepped it up alot when partnering Terry.

Got us to 2 championship play off finals with his winning mentality.

Always wanted to play, can put in a tackle and head the ball decently, something which is becoming a lost art.

Will always be fondly remembered by me for being a true captain of our club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He'll feel he needs to be playing to get into the Wales team for the Euros. I'd imagine we are reluctantly letting him go but we owe him the chance to get regular football.

Can’t argue with this.

Was never his biggest fan as a player but seems a cracking guy and along with Elphick and Jedinak helped restore character and integrity to a poisoned club. 

After what happened last season you can only respect what he did sacrifice himself for the club 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was never his biggest fan as a player but seems a cracking guy and along with Elphick and Jedinak helped restore character and integrity to a poisoned club. 

After what happened last season you can only respect what he did sacrifice himself for the club 

Feel the same. I should've written something more considerate like this earlier 

• Like 1

Good luck Chezzie, a true model professional that gave everything for Aston Villa. Such a shame that he’s ruined his career through injury. Bruce created that, and will never be forgiven. 

I hope Chester can play fairly regularly and get back in the Wales side. He’ll always be remembered and respected by me.

Good luck and thanks Chezzy. 

Our best player in the championship years. Just the signing we needed when we went down. Wasn’t the most vocal leader on the pitch, but must have been behind the scenes as everyone looks up to him. It’s a shame the third season he had to go through what he did.

Wish him well for his future endeavours 

Â