James Chester

KJT123

On 12/3/2017 at 21:57, VillaChris said:

Easily one of our best signings last 5 years.

Need to go up though, not sure he'd hang around another year in the championship.

Don't say much for the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if a PL team comes looking for him in January. Southampton have to replace VVD, WBA could sell Evans and with plenty of other teams looking to strengthen with plenty of money knocking about there should be plenty of activity. I wouldn't sell him for less than £14m (roughly) though.

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a PL team comes looking for him in January. Southampton have to replace VVD, WBA could sell Evans and with plenty of other teams looking to strengthen with plenty of money knocking about there should be plenty of activity. I wouldn't sell him for less than £14m (roughly) though.

I like him, but 14m ?   

I would not plan, or try to sell him, but if a good side came in for him (in other words a good advancement for him... I’d take 9 and be happy for it.  

If Van Dijk is worth £75m and Burnley another get another £30m for Tarkowski then holding out for £15m for a PL level central defender coming into his peak years is not unreasonable. We paid £8m+ for him too.

He is one of our very few signings who has appreciated in value since coming here.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Like 1

Â