James Chester

KJT123

The only small gripe I have about him is he always has it in his locker to underhit a pass. Defensively, I think he is excellent for this level and would be very surprised if he spent another year in the Championship so let's hope we go up. Would not look out of place in the PL with the right partner.

Never really notice him until a mistake is made. That's a good sign for a defender.

Solid not a glamour player but does his fair share of winning it and playing it to a villa player. Also knows when to leather it.

Just looks a bit weak against a large forward but tgats where Terry should be taking over.

Signs are there for a decent pairing at the back which is always the basis for a successful team.

On 9/27/2017 at 20:07, brummybloke said:

Never really notice him until a mistake is made. That's a good sign for a defender.

Solid not a glamour player but does his fair share of winning it and playing it to a villa player. Also knows when to leather it.

Just looks a bit weak against a large forward but tgats where Terry should be taking over.

Signs are there for a decent pairing at the back which is always the basis for a successful team.

I was just thinking the first line. This guy is an unsung hero. No one is ever really talking about him, so IMO he’s getting the job done 

Rightly criticised for an unusually shaky start to the season (Cardiff, from highlights, looked particularly bad).  But he's looked very solid again the last few games - I think the whole defence must be taking some confidence from the way we are playing further up the pitch.  There must be less fear from the constant threat of giving the ball away that we had earlier in the season. 

In any case, he's great for our squad and I'd be happy with him in our team whichever division we're in next season

The confidence in the keeper will also have an impact on the defence but we are playing closer all around the pitch now and the big holes in the team happen less each game.

Keep the same team as often as you can only brings more confidence that if you do have a wobble you know you get a chance to redeem yourself the next game. 

• 2 weeks later...

he was all over the place for the 2nd goal, lost his man then stopped as play continued. also stood still and just watched his man again have all the time in the space for a 3rd goal that might have crossed the line

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont hate him i just dont rate him ;)

And another game i watch him and he is crap

he's rarely, if ever, crap.

He was our player of the season last season and you labelled him a liability (or something similar)

I don't think it's any coincidence that the majority of people like him and you choose to dislike him. Your opinions tend to work like that.

As i said before i only see him in tv games, this season Colchester, Forest and Wolves he was poor or at fault for goals. Was same last season, never once thought this guy is decent

Maybe he is brilliant when not on Sky

I do like him, but he's too slow to be a top-flight regular. He got torched yet again today, though fortunately Fulham's attackers are 'fast' rather than 'deadly'. Terry is also slow, but reads the game perfectly and has better positioning. 

I like Chester, and for this division he's fine, but I'd want a replacement if we got promoted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do like him, but he's too slow to be a top-flight regular. He got torched yet again today, though fortunately Fulham's attackers are 'fast' rather than 'deadly'. Terry is also slow, but reads the game perfectly and has better positioning. 

I like Chester, and for this division he's fine, but I'd want a replacement if we got promoted. 

Yes, would be a good squad player at that level but not a regular.

• 2 weeks later...
Â