James Chester

KJT123

On 4/24/2017 at 14:45, Dante_Lockhart said:

Fair play to Chester for not retaliating after the goal when Paul Robinson punched him in the back of the head and kicked him to the floor.

Yes, well done Chester. I think he turned and pointed at him though before running after his teammates.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah he seems to avoid criticsm but watching highlights he made a horrid mistake just before their goal. really not a good defender in my books

Seriously? He's been one of the few positives at the club since he joined. Very good defender.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2017 at 22:53, villan-scott said:

Amazing that he's been out captain and not had a post in his thread since April before today. 

I really like him. Massively assured at the back, unsung hero, and very composed. He and Terry are like a pair of Rolls Royce at the back. A proper luxury at Championship level. 

He is just so good that he's a bit invisible... one of our most important players.

On 10/08/2017 at 20:53, villan-scott said:

Amazing that he's been out captain and not had a post in his thread since April before today. 

I really like him. Massively assured at the back, unsung hero, and very composed. He and Terry are like a pair of Rolls Royce at the back. A proper luxury at Championship level. 

Cheers for the jinx! :(

• Sad 1

Had a poor enough game today, probably his poorest for Villa. With Baker sold there would always be this revisiting on decisions etc as always goes on with bad results. Chester was much better than Baker last year imo, unfortunately he'll somehow retrospectively have played better now that he's sold and Villa are doing poor. Chester is a superior defender and I'd argue he carried Baker at times last year. The amount of times he was around the back mopping up were numerous.

Chester and Baker worked at this level. Defence wasn't really an issue last season; as they say "if it ain't broke..."

Now we've lost the youth, put a massive ego in there, reduced squad depth, given the team a false sense of security that Terry can stop everything and made ourselves a target for every striker in the league to prove they're a better player than an aging former England captain.

Taking away Chester's captaincy hasn't done his form any favours either.

All round disaster that didn't solve our real issue anyway; scoring.

Â