James Chester

KJT123

If we can get £6m for Chester and get Vida in I’ll do it. I love Chester, the fact he’s ruined his career for us last season puts him in very high regard. However, it hurts to say but I think his time is all but over playing week in week out. I think even 2 games in 4 weeks could be pushing it for him and his knee. 

Top pro but it could be time to move on. 

2 hours ago, deeps said:

If we can get £6m for Chester and get Vida in I’ll do it. I love Chester, the fact he’s ruined his career for us last season puts him in very high regard. However, it hurts to say but I think his time is all but over playing week in week out. I think even 2 games in 4 weeks could be pushing it for him and his knee. 

Top pro but it could be time to move on. 

Out of contract in the Summer. No way we'd get that much. Plus convinced he'd pass a medical at a new club anyway. Think he'll be here as cover until the end of his contract.

Shame such a reliable and constant player in the Championship years was unable to get a chance to play for us in the Premier League.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reports saying Chester is keen on an MLS move. Imagine it's financially attractive.

For me what he did for the club last year, causing lasting damage to his own body means we owe him some credit. I'd be disappointed if we played hardball for a bigger fee.

Should do right by Chester if this deal gets him another few years playing despite his now desperate knee issues

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Reports saying Chester is keen on an MLS move. Imagine it's financially attractive.

For me what he did for the club last year, causing lasting damage to his own body means we owe him some credit. I'd be disappointed if we played hardball for a bigger fee.

Should do right by Chester if this deal gets him another few years playing despite his now desperate knee issues

Agreed.

Deserves to be relaxed and get a final pay day.

All those games played on plastic pitches won't be good on his legs thou.

The MLS really must stop playing so many games on artificial turf.

Zlatan skipped most games that was not on real grass because he didn't want to risk his knee. Think Chester will do well to do the same if he moves there.

Â