James Chester

KJT123

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt make the squad tonight as has been very little talk of him this season. I wonder if he will play for us again. 

Good to keep him on if he cant play as good character

He's injured. Dean Smith has talked about it a few times.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Out of contract next summer, can't see him getting a new one now. Great character. 

Yeah I agree. We could have really have dine with selling him to stoke at the time wasn't it 10m?

Not his fault but injuries have plagued him now. Doesn't look like he will have many years left sadly but a superb player for us.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I agree. We could have really have dine with selling him to stoke at the time wasn't it 10m?

Not his fault but injuries have plagued him now. Doesn't look like he will have many years left sadly but a superb player for us.

Going into the season with Axel and Jedi at centre back. Scary thought 😂

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We wouldn’t have promoted. He still won us couple of points.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Not needed now so time to move him on in January.

Wow man, maybe should rename yourself No_Hope ;)

I hope we stick by Chester, even if he can't play any longer at least for the remainder of his contract (however long that might be), he was super consistent in terms of his fitness up until he incurred the injury last season and was subsequently asked/forced to keep playing through the pain because we had no other fit centre backs.

It's beginning to look a lot like he might not ever play top level football again, the least we can do for being a major factor in that is to honour his contract (and if he does have to retire, I'd like to see us offer him another role).

2 hours ago, New_Hope said:

history of injuries, aging, contract up in the summer...what do we reckon...£100,000 for him? pocket change for us now, and would frankly be insulting to let him go for such a poxy fee. keep him till the summer, hopefully by the last game or 2 we'll be safe and can give him a final game as a send off

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

history of injuries, aging, contract up in the summer...what do we reckon...£100,000 for him? pocket change for us now, and would frankly be insulting to let him go for such a poxy fee. keep him till the summer, hopefully by the last game or 2 we'll be safe and can give him a final game as a send off

That's just not true.

He's had one pretty serious injury since joining us, it's because we asked him to play through that injury that he now is in such a bad way.

Up to that point I think he held a record for consecutive appearances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I personally think we should offer him a final 1 year contract after this one is up. This is to show that we will take care of you if you put your body on the line for team success. What player would risk playing through injury if we treated Chester poorly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Not necessarily needed on the pitch just at the moment but plays a big part of the squad and dressing room. He's a big personality that will offer lots to Konsa and Hause. Seems very harsh to discard him at the first opportunity.

He put his body on the line for us, and helped us get back to the premier league. Great character to have around as well. No real reason to sell him in January unless Chester asks for it himself. 

I hope he can get some cup minutes later this season and we can see how badly that injury messed up his career. Let's not forget that Chester was one of the best center backs in the championship pre-injury. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I'd assume that we also will get his wages for this year back through insurance if his injury was serious enough that he can't play this season at all. 

He has trained pretty much all season so I don't think so.
We should send the bill to Bruce mind you.

• Thanks 1

Â