James Chester

KJT123

People have short memories in football.

17/18 he outperformed Terry and was a rock for us. I can see him coming in at CB in the premier league. He at least deserves a chance, depending on if he can recover enough, 

• Like 1

Oh my word.  This is one hell of a statement:

“It's been tough and really painful at times but it's just how I've been brought up at home. I felt it was my duty as such to continue, being the only centre half."

People often over criticise players due to the ridiculous wages they are paid, but to put your body into a place where you may spend the rest of your life in pain because you feel it's your "duty" is a magnificent gesture and I am sure many many players would sit on the injury bench and count their millions instead. 

Arise Sir Chester, arise. 

excuse rationale GIF

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He should really resent Bruce if that injury effects the rest of his career

Great guy and club captain

Not just career. Maybe long term personal damage

Sadly I think his injury could mean that his opportunities for us will be limited. If he is suffering now from a long term injury, it will take something from his game. Also I think physically he might find it tough in the PL, he isn't quick or strong. We'll see. 

10 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Sadly I think his injury could mean that his opportunities for us will be limited. If he is suffering now from a long term injury, it will take something from his game. Also I think physically he might find it tough in the PL, he isn't quick or strong. We'll see. 

I hope not, as I still think he has an influence and yesterday with Jack sharing the trophy lift with him too he obviously means something to the players also. Plenty of great players in the past who have had to 'manage' their body and balance training/playing/recovery in different way. Hoping he will play a part next season.

• Like 1

A great signing, whilst he may not be the most vocal of captains, you can tell in that statement how professional he is. Just what we needed when we came down.

I hope he can still play and we haven’t done long term damage to him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This has made me really angry. **** you bruce. 

I hope he reads this and is absolutely **** ashamed. But he won't be.

To leave us so vulnerable at the back, going to far as to send Elphick out, leaving Chester to cause himself permanent damage? And what consequences does he face while Chester has to go through this? A nice golden handshake and a new job, while still going on about unfairly we treated him.

**** you, Bruce. 

• Like 2

The worst part is that it was probably all so he could get himself sacked and get a payoff. It's absolutely mind boggling that any team, let alone one that was supposedly challenging for promotion would go into the season with 1 CB.

• 4 weeks later...

With all the talk over new signings etc. whats the outlook on Chezzie for next season?  He seems to have kept a low profile since the playoff final and I've not seen much mention of him in the media or on here.

I'm sure Bruce played 3 at the back for all of pre season last year too. And then played a right back at left back, Axel at right back and another right  back alongside James Chester in the middle for the first game. What was he doing?🤯

I'm sure Bruce played 3 at the back for all of pre season last year too. And then played a right back at left back, Axel at right back and another right  back alongside James Chester in the middle for the first game. What was he doing?🤯

No just checked he played Jedi next to Chester.

Hutton Jedi Chester Axel

We got tonked 4-1 by Sheffield Utd.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Lions&Dragons said:

With all the talk over new signings etc. whats the outlook on Chezzie for next season?  He seems to have kept a low profile since the playoff final and I've not seen much mention of him in the media or on here.

It seems a little uncertain whether he can play regularly again due to his injury. I think he'll be more of a squad option for us this year (even though as things stand today he's comfortably the best centre back on our books). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

It was a few games in that came out, and I can only assume he was either trying to lose games to force the owners to give him money or he was trying to lose games to force the owners to sack him.

There are no other logical explanations why a manager as experienced as Bruce would let that happen to a squad or to pick the back fours that he did.

If I was Chester I would spend at least a day out of my summer, find out where Bruce lives, drive up there and take a huge dump on his doorstep.

• Haha 1

Chester is a top professional. The fact he didn't miss a minute of football for so long tells you just how good he is. And that was across 3-4 managers too. 

I agree with most here, I hope he has a chance to play with Villa at the very top level. He deserves it just as much as anyone else. 

• Like 1

Â