Ratings and Reactions: Luton v Villa

limpid

Once again we completely lacked character.

Just like the last ten minutes against Wednesday, not one player looked prepared to take responsibility to stand up and be counted and make something happen.

There are too many cowards in this team.

tbh, its almost a relief we are out of the cup, cuz we have a monster schedule in front of us, better to concentrate on promotion above all. the window is far from closed, more quality is on the way, every doomsday merchant needs to relax

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

tbh, its almost a relief we are out of the cup, cuz we have a monster schedule in front of us, better to concentrate on promotion above all. the window is far from closed, more quality is on the way, every doomsday merchant needs to relax

What an absolute load of **** bollocks.

if anyone thinks there is anything good to come out of losing to a 4th division side and being knocked out of a cup before we have even reached the middle of August, they must be deluded.

This team has not won a game for 15 matches, they desperately need a win of some kind to try and remember what it feels like and to try and bring back the tiniest glimmer of confidence.

but no, they have been totally outclassed, outplayed and out fought by Luton **** Town.

' A relief we are out of the cup'.......look at the big picture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyh said:

if anyone thinks there is anything good to come out of losing to a 4th division side and being knocked out of a cup before we have even reached the middle of August, they must be deluded.

This team has not won a game for 15 matches, they desperately need a win of some kind to try and remember what it feels like and to try and bring back the tiniest glimmer of confidence.

but no, they have been totally outclassed, outplayed and out fought by Luton **** Town.

"Even we agreed to take the LC match as checking game, some players are not worth being given chance." - Xia

I'm pretty certain the club hasn't put too much emphasis on a league cup run this year, and judging by the good doctor's comment above, they seem to have really only used this match as another friendly to size up the players. i'm relieved that xia is not too upset about an early league cup exit. his only goal this season is to get us promoted. let's hope he comes though.

i am looking at the big picture, by the way. 10 years from now when we're in the champions league, we won't even remember what happened yesterday.

Edited by maqroll

I can't be angry after that. 

Because (not that they would care) I don't want these shiysters to know I feel anything about the club anymore  

Feels like being bullied at school. You get a couple of days away from it and then it comes back twice as badly. 

Zero's all around apart from Ayew who gets 4 and McCormack who gets 5.

Our defence is the worst I have ever seen. Okore looks like hes trying to hand his notice in on the pitch. Baker was all over the place for the first goal, ultimately it was Amavis man and he was also at fault. Richards is a dinosaur and has never lived up to any kind of hype, what Big Sam saw in him which allegedly was going to take him to Sunderland is beyond me. Hutton is a sorry excuse for a footballer. Out of everyone you would assume he would be a leader but even he is woeful.

Gardner was cack again, far too light weight, along with the rest of the midfield. Grealish and Green ineffective on the wings, think RDM should have changed formation to testing them out in different roles.

Just another embarrassing day in the life of a Villa fan.

10 hours ago, Holtern8 said:

That Amavi fella? LOL He's just as rubbish as the rest of them , 8 games 7 losses with him playing. 

That one win is more than most players under us currently have...

Again I have left it ~12 hours before writing a review of the game to be more rational.

Pro's:

1. I thought RDM's, KB's and SC's matching training tops looked rather spiffing. Good job under armour.

2. We scored a goal.

Negatives:

1. Micah Richards can't play right back, or centre back or ever again. Dismal. Captain? Do one.

2. I got slated in the Amavi thread for pointing out that he can't defend. Guess what? He can't defend. Has the positional sense of a lemur.

3. Gary Gardner was again very poor. Not as bad as against Wednesday but looks a league 2 player.

4. The manager showed all the signs of a man who wasn't arsed about this game. From the subs he made and didn't make to his actions on the sideline. I think this was a case of go out there and show me if you're good enough to get into the first XI. Nobody was.

5. Alan hutton came on and did his best to find more innocent victims in the crowd to try to behead with his wild crosses. He's gash.

6. Grealish is in danger of becoming a Stephen Ireland type player. Drifting aimlessly around pitch and only any good if the team is well on top of the opposition. Needs to adapt his game.

7. Okore was comically bad. I was literally laughing at his attempts to defend. What an appalling footballer.

Overall: I couldn't give a shit that we are out of the cup and I think it shows that alot of work still needs to be done to clear out the chaff from our squad. We have around 7/8 half decent players and the rest are league 1 standard. The attitude of the players on the night reflected that of the manager though, he wasn't arsed digging in when things went south and neither were the players.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, andyh said:

The big picture is that we have a 46 game season in which promotion is everything and cup runs are very much a secondary factor. I'd rather we hadn't got knocked out by a fourth divison side but higher priority is to get some wins on the board in the league. 

• Like 1

I had no idea this game happened, I thought it was next week. Looks like I avoided an awful lot of anger and frustration...why do we put ourselves through watching this shit again?

Edited by Davkaus

Â